Dear Faculty and Staff,
I would like to announce and congratulate those faculty who have recently been awarded tenure and/or promotion for their remarkable contributions to their students, their respective disciplines, and our University. This list does not include faculty promotions in the Jesuit School of Theology, as JST candidates are reviewed on a different timetable and their promotions will be announced later in the year.
Receiving tenure and promoted to the rank of associate professor are:
- Michelle Bezanson, Anthropology
- Haidan Li, Accounting
- Katherine Morris, Art and Art History
- Shannon Vallor, Philosophy
- Justen Whittall, Biology
- David Yosifon, Law
Receiving tenure are:
- Christopher Kitts, Mechanical Engineering
- Larry Nelson, Philosophy
Promoted to the rank of full professor are:
- Phyllis Brown, English
- Laura Ellingson, Communication and Women and Gender Studies
- Eric Goldman, Law
- Tracey Kahan, Psychology
- Lisa Kealhofer, Anthropology and Environmental Studies and Sciences
- Kris Mitchener, Economics
- Barbara Murray, Theatre and Dance
- Daniel Ostrov, Mathematics and Computer Science
- Susan Parker, Accounting
- Beth Van Schaack, Law
Please join me in congratulating these outstanding teaching scholars. My congratulations and thanks to all of them for their commitment to teaching, student learning, and scholarly research.
I also express gratitude for the hard work of all those on the rank and tenure committees at all levels. Thank you all for your diligence and careful work on behalf of the University.
Michael E. Engh, S.J.