The Council on Inclusive Excellence established two awards in 2008 to honor students, faculty, staff, campus organizations and departments that have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to enhancing Santa Clara University's multicultural community. A total of four awards may be given annually. Please visit the SCU diversity Web site
for more information about the Council and other campus diversity initiatives.
1. Inclusive Excellence Award for Students
This award is given to a current undergraduate student, graduate student, group of students or student organization demonstrating an outstanding commitment to the campus-wide goal of advancing excellence through diversity and inclusion. Notable contributions might include leadership in programming, training, or other experiences enhancing excellence through inclusion in the University community.
Nominations will be maintained for three additional years after they are submitted provided the nominee remains at the University. Current members of the Council on Inclusive Excellence may not be nominated for this award.
2. Inclusive Excellence Award for Staff/Faculty
This award is given to a current Santa Clara University staff or faculty member, a group of faculty or staff, or a department demonstrating outstanding commitment to the advancement of excellence through diversity and inclusion through innovative teaching and/or program development beyond an individual's usual job responsibilities or a department's usual mission.
Nominations will be maintained for three additional years after they are submitted, provided the nominee remains at the University. Current members of the Council on Inclusive Excellence may not be nominated for this award.
Nominations for the 2016 student awards are due by Noon, Friday, April 9, 2016.
Nominations for the 2016 faculty/staff awards are due by Noon, Monday, April 26, 2016.
For all awards, please submit this form, along with supporting documentation, to ODI@scu.edu. Thank you for helping us identify and celebrate some of the most deserving members of our community.
Past recipients of the awards include:
- Ana Elizabeth Iten (2008 student award)
- Jose Ivan Arreola (2010 student award)
- Ana Romero (2010 student award)
- Fernando Meza Gutierrez (2010 student award)
- Xochitl Davila (2011 student award)
- Gracelyn Bateman (2012 student award)
- Michelle Linh Tang (2013 student award)
- Denise Castillo Chavez (2014 student award)
- Anthony V. (Tony) Williams (2015 student award)
- Professor Francisco Jimenez (2008 faculty award)
- Fr. Sonny Manuel, S.J. (2009 faculty award)
- Professor Alma Garcia (2010 faculty award)
- Lulu Santana (2011 staff award)
- Professor Elsa Chen (2012 faculty award)
- Professor Regina Davis-Sowers (2013 faculty award)
- Professor Sarita Tamayo-Moraga (2014 faculty award)
- Sandra Hayes (2015 staff award)