- SCU Home Page
- About SCU
- On Campus
- News & Info
- Faculty Development Home
- Teaching and Learning
- Professional Development
- Support and Flexibility
- Work-Life Resources
- About Faculty Development
Louis and Dorina Brutocao Award for Teaching Excellence
The Louis and Dorina Brutocao Award for Teaching Excellence recognizes outstanding faculty who promote intellectual curiosity and active learning; model and foster intellectual rigor and honesty and a zest for learning; develop connections between course material and life outside the classroom; are available to students, attentive to their needs, and enjoy the teacher-student relationship. This award honors those teachers who, over a period of years, have made a real difference: those who have served as exemplars in the Santa Clara, Jesuit tradition of service, who have challenged their students in ways that have forced them to look at the world afresh, who have exerted a major influence over the intellectual and moral development of their students, who have, in short, made an imprint that is still felt in some way years after graduation.
1. Only students and alumni/alumnae may nominate a faculty member for the Brutocao Award for Teaching Excellence.
2. All nominations must be completed through the Teaching Excellence Nomination Form
3. The following criteria are required for eligibility:
5. Once nominated, a faculty member stays in the pool of candidates under active consideration for three years.
6. The deadline for nominations is Monday, April 27, 2015.