- SCU Home Page
- About SCU
- On Campus
- News & Info
Wednesday, Jan. 21, 2015
A student is deferred for various reasons -- sometimes we want to see their 1st semester grades in order to see progress, other times the pool of applicants for Early Action was strong and we would like an opportunity to review them amongst our larger pool of applicants in Regular Decision.
There are a couple reminders we'd like to offer these students as you counsel them:
1) Send 1st semester (or 1st trimester) grades as soon as they become available. We realize that sometimes grades don't come out until the end of January or early February. Please send them as soon as possible -- we cannot review a deferred student in our Regular Decision process until we receive the updated transcripts. We will close out files for those who do not submit 1st semester grades by mid-February. Students can ensure all necessary documents have been received to complete their application by logging on to their eCampus portal.
2) If the student has retaken the SAT or ACT test prior to January 7th, they may send in those official test scores no later than mid-February.
3) Send any relevant updates to the territory manager who will be revisiting the applicant's file during Regular Decision. Find out who is the correct territory manager here. Updates would typically include any new information that was not presented in the Early process. For instance, new awards or honors, new projects, extra curricular involvement, or visits to campus etc.
4) Final decisions will be available for all applicants around the 3rd week of March. Students will be able to view their application status online through eCampus.
5) Take a deep breath and wait patiently.