In addition to the General Facility Policies, the Aquatic Center Policies are:
Pool availability is subject to weather and maintenance conditions
- Each patron must be a member of the Malley Center and/or paid guest. Follow the link for more information about the Guest Pass Policies.
- Patrons must enter the pool area through the Malley Center.
- The pool area is open only for use during schedule hours and when guarded by the Campus Recreation Lifeguard Staff.
- No food, drinks, or glass containers are allowed in the pool area other than water in resealable plastic containers.
- A moderate to conservative cut bathing suit must be worn. No jean shorts, cut-offs, or street clothes.
- Please shower before entering the pool.
- No suntan oil is allowed on the deck or in the pool.
- Running, rough play (dunking, splashing, etc.), and ball throwing is prohibited.
- Diving, flips, cartwheels, handstands, and backwards/spinning jumps from the side of the pool are prohibited.
- Do not hang on lane lines. Do not sit on the disabled lift unless you require it to enter the pool.
- Kick boards and pull buoys are for lap swimmers only.
- Patrons with a cold, virus, communicable disease, open wounds, or ear or nasal discharge are not allowed in the pool.
- Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian at all times in the pool and pool area.
- The lifeguard may request a swim test for children wanting to swim in the deep water.
- Infants are required to wear plastic pants or swim diapers in the pool.
- Pool toys such as noodles and diving rings are allowed under adult supervision and at the discretion of the lifeguard staff. Other toys may be allowed if deemed safe and appropriate.
- Flotation devices are not permitted unless they are Coast Guard Approved Personal Flotation Devices.
- Free swim patrons must give priority to lap swimmers.