The GSBI offers a platform of programs designed to support social entrepreneurs at various stages of their lifecycle. We offer a single application for all of our programs. To apply, complete our application (hosted on the F6S site) at any time. We will pull from the application pool to select participants for our Boost, Online, and Accelerator programs.
● Applications received before October 16, 2015 will be considered for the 2016 Accelerator cohort
● Applications received before April 27, 2015 will be considered for the next Online cohort
● We are not currently accepting applications for Boost.
Who Should Apply
The GSBI works with entrepreneurs whose organizations are addressing the worlds most pressing problems with market-based solutions. This includes for-profits, non-profits, and hybrids with impact in base of pyramid communities, or, whose primary beneficiaries are living below the poverty line.
The social entrepreneur who participates should hold a senior leadership role within the organization, with the authority to make top-level strategic decisions.
This program is for leaders of social enterprises that:
● Place equal or greater emphasis on social impact vs. financial return
● Serve the underserved (those that for reasons of economics, gender, geography, etc. have unequal access to energy, clean water, information and communication technology, education, health, or economic development and livelihood opportunities)
● Address a problem that affects more than one million people worldwide
● Have a product or service with measurable social impact The social entrepreneur must be committed to creating an organization that:
● Is capable of attaining financial sustainability
● Reaches increasingly larger numbers of beneficiaries
● Measures systematically their social impact