- Documentation must be within four years to be valid.
- Documentation must be done by a qualified professional on letterhead, with the name, address and phone number of the professional that is issuing the report.
- Documentation must include a statement of impact and/or functional limitations on student’s academic performance and/or college life in general.
- Documentation must include a statement of any recommendations/strategies that would benefit the student and a rationale for these recommendations. It should also describe any previously approved services or accommodations the student has received.
- Verification must be made by the most recent physician or primary care person (unless original diagnosis is available).
- Specific diagnosis and any sub-categories must be noted.
- Current medications, dosage frequency and any side effects must be noted.
- Note student’s functional limitations with regard to academic performance in a college setting.