- Documentation must be within four years to be valid.
- Documentation must be done by a qualified professional on letterhead, with the name, address and phone number of the professional that is issuing the report.
- Documentation must include a statement of impact and/or functional limitations on student’s academic performance and/or college life in general.
- Documentation must include a statement of any recommendations/strategies that would benefit the student and a rationale for these recommendations. It should also describe any previously approved services or accommodations the student has received.
- Verification must be made by the most recent physician or primary care person (unless original diagnosis is available).
- Specific diagnosis and extent of impairment needs to be noted.
- What, if anything, can the student see?