- SCU Home Page
- About SCU
- On Campus
- News & Info
For Accepted Students
Congratulations on your acceptance to the SCU London program. We look forward to seeing you soon. In the meantime, please review the following information for the Next Steps and the Important Notices to prepare for your time in London. And continue to monitor this page for any updates. Let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
(1) Before You GoAll study abroad students who have been accepted to a study abroad program must review the "Before You Go" documents on the International Programs Office website.
(2)Pre-Entry Clearance (PEC)All SCU London Program participants in the Summer, Fall, and Spring Semester programs who will participate in the non-paid internships are required to obtain a special visa prior to arriving in London. Make sure to download the new instructions found on the "Immigration" advisory link on the FIE website. Students are responsible for securing the required PEC and for paying applicable fees.
Fall, Winter, Summer Students: Since you will be participating in an internship, you need to follow the instructions below.
(4) Mandatory Pre-Departure Orientations:Students studying abroad for the Summer or Fall 2013 terms are required to attend the following pre-departure orientation(s):
(5) Arrival / Departure:
Students are responsible for making their flight arrangements to London's Heathrow International Airport based on the dates below. Several major airlines including American, Continental, Delta, United, Virgin Atlantic, and others have flights coming in from major U.S airports. Depending on how much baggage you have, you can always opt to take the Picadilly Line on the London Underground train (called the Tube) which has a direct route from Heathrow to the Gloucester Road station located across the street from FIE or the Heathrow Express Train service to Paddington Station and then a cab the last couple of miles to FIE. For arrival instructions, visit the FIE website: http://www.fie.org.uk/student_center/london_students/londonarrival/
Fall Students ONLY: You MUST fill out the travel information online form once you've purchased your ticket so that we can have your housing ready when you arrive. >> Online Arrival Information Form
Departure: Students must check out of the FIE housing on the departure date below. A bus will NOT be arranged to take students to the airport at the conclusion of the program as students should be very familiar with London's public transportation system.
Please be aware that students are responsible for ALL airfare expenses including payments, liabilities, cancellation fees, etc. with the vendor or airline so make sure you understand all their booking policies.
(6) FIE Internship Forms Reminder:If you have not emailed the required Personal Statement and Curriculum Vitae (CV) or resume to email@example.com, you must do that right away to avoid any delays in your internship placement. We also want to remind you that the London-based internships are meant to introduce you to the British work-life cultures. Therefore, you should keep an open mind about the placement. The internship team in London will do their best to match you up with the appropriate internship placement based on your qualifications, personal statement, and the expectations of the local companies or organizations. Be sure to download the FIE Internship Handbook, which provides the necessary resources to help you prepare those two required documents for the FIE Internship Team: http://www.fie.org.uk/london/internships/
(7) FIE Pre-Departure Handbook:Visit the FIE website and download the pre-departure handbook to familiarize yourself with the U.K., health and safety considerations, student life, community guidelines, etc. Please plan to spend some time preparing for your semester with the SCU London Program by going through these materials: http://www.fie.org.uk/student_center/london_students/
(8) Withdrawal/ Refund Policy:It is your responsibility to understand the withdrawal / refund policy and the protocol for withdrawing from the program.