- SCU Home Page
- About SCU
- On Campus
- News & Info
The Forge Garden
News and Events related to The Forge Garden, SCU's organic community garden.
Friday, Mar. 6, 2015If you don't have much land, container gardening is a good way to go!
Container Gardening - Wed., April 22 | 12pm and Sat., April 25 | 10am
- Growing vegetables and fruits in containers is possible!
- Which plants do well, which don’t, and tips for soils and watering
- Tour the demonstration garden and ask the experts!
All workshops are free and family-friendly. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com. REGISTER HERE.
Friday, Mar. 6, 2015Create your own raised bed garden with the skills taught at this workshop!
Raised Bed Construction (Start Organic) - Sat., April 11 | 10am
- Led by Start Organic, a landscape installation company
- Learn how to build a raised bed, which soils to use, and how to install irrigation
- Very hands-on, come prepared to work!
All workshops are family freindly. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. REGISTER HERE.
Friday, Mar. 6, 2015Workshop led by Start Organic, a landscape installation company. Learn how to convert your lawn!
Landscape Water-Wise (Start Organic) - Sat., March 14 | 10am
Led by Start Organic, a landscape installation company
- Convert your lawn into a native and drought tolerant landscape
- Learn about the rebate programs and get paid to save water and create a thriving backyard ecology!
All workshops are free and family-freindly. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com. REGISTER HERE.
Wednesday, Dec. 3, 2014
Winter Quarter volunteering/garden hours are Monday and Thursday from 2-4 pm and Friday from 9-11 am. For volunteer groups larger than five, please arrange in advance via firstname.lastname@example.org. Come when you can, leave when you need to! All staff, faculty, community members, students, clubs, and organizations are welcome to attend. Visit, volunteer, meet friends and learn new skills. Produce is available at the weekly Friday Farm Stand from 11:30 am - 1:30 pm.