Back to Blog
Does the recycling at SCU go to city/county recycling plants? Who recycles the material?
Posted on Saturday, Dec. 8, 2007
After the recycled materials are collected, they are stored at Facilities until picked up by the respective recycling companies.
- Aluminum, glass, plastics, and paper are recycled through Mission Trail Waste Systems.
- Some paper and all corrugated cardboard are recycled through Weyerhaeuser. SCU uses a compactor for corrugated cardboard before it is picked up for recycling.
- E-waste is handled by E-Waste Recyclers, a company out of Grass Valley.
- Batteries are processed as hazardous waste and picked up, along with other hazardous materials (such as fluorescent tubes), monthly by All Chemical Disposal.
- Ink cartridges are collected and brought to an elementary school, which recycles the ink cartridges to benefit the school.
- Green waste is handled my Mission Trail Waste Systems.
Posted by Lindsey Cromwell
Cardboard, Electronic waste, Mixed Recycling, Recycling process