- Do I need a certain GPA to transfer to SCU?
Yes. SCU requires a minimum GPA of 3.5 to apply to the Leavey School of Business and the School of Engineering. The College of Arts & Sciences requires a minimum GPA of 3.3.
- How many units can I transfer to SCU?
If you are applying to the College of Arts & Sciences or the Leavey School of Business, you may transfer 87.5 units. If you are applying to the School of Engineering, you may transfer anywhere from 93.5 to 97 units, depending upon your major.
- Can you evaluate my coursework prior to my applying to SCU?
No. Transcript evaluation is conducted after admission. If you are accepted to, you will receive a “Tentative Transfer Credit Evaluation” in your acceptance letter outlining the transferable courses.
- Can I apply to transfer to SCU for the winter term?
Yes. The application deadline for winter is October 1. Learn more about our Winter transfer policies.
- How can I figure out which classes will transfer to SCU?
SCU has developed transfer guides with most community colleges near Santa Clara. If the school you're attending does not have a transfer guide, use the general transfer guide.
- What kind of advising or academic support is available to transfer students?
Each student is assigned a faculty advisor within his or her declared major. Additionally, SCU provides a full range of academic advising and academic resources.
- Can I be in the process of completing required courses when I apply?
Yes. Classes in progress will be considered in reviewing your application.
- Is financial aid available for transfer students?
Yes. To be considered for financial aid, transfer students need to submit the FAFSA. Visit our Financial Aid website for more details.
- Is on-campus housing available for transfer students?
There are limited on-campus housing opportunities for transfer students. For more information, visit SCU Housing Office.
- What do I need to do if I have AP/IB test credit?
All AP/IB test scores should be sent to the Office of the Registrar.
- Can I meet SCU’s language requirement with a language not offered at SCU?
Yes. You will need to complete the entire requirement prior to starting at SCU. Students need to complete two semesters or three quarters of a language to finish the requirement. Engineering majors are not required to demonstrate language proficiency.