- SCU Home Page
- About SCU
- On Campus
- News & Info
Friday, Jan. 3, 2014
A student is deferred for various reasons -- sometimes we want to see their 1st semester grades in order to see progress, other times the pool of applicants for Early Action was strong and we would like an opportunity to review them amongst our larger pool of applicants in Regular Decision.
There are a couple pieces of advice we'd like to offer these students as you counsel them:
1) Make sure to "opt in" to the Regular Decision process by following the instructions in the deferral notification. This is done through the eCampus portal. The deadline was January 7th.
2) If the student originally applied into Business or Engineering, they will be prompted to consider the College of Arts and Sciences as an option. If a student is not set on a particular major or emphasis it may be a good option to be considered for both programs depending on selectivity and demand.
3) Send 1st semester grades as soon as they become available. We realize that sometimes grades don't come out until the end of January or early February. Please send them as soon as possible -- we cannot review a deferred student in our Regular Decision process until we receive the updated transcripts. We will close out files for those who do not submit 1st semester grades.
4) Send any additional test scores (if applicable) for consideration in Regular Decision.
5) Send any updates to the territory manager who will be revisiting the applicant's file during Regular Decision. Find out who is the correct territory manager here. Updates would typically include any new information that was not presented in the Early process. For instance, new awards or honors, new projects, extra curricular involvement, or visits to campus etc.
6) Final decisions will go out around the 3rd week of March. Check the eCampus portal to ensure all necessary documents have been received.
7) Take a deep breath and wait patiently.