Feedburner Email Subscriptions
This element presents a subscription form allowing site visitors to get email notifications when a blog or RSS feed is updated. Here's how to use Feedburner and set this up in Commonspot:
Using Feedburner - http://feedburner.google.com
- Create a Feedburner account (if you have a Google account, you can log in with that id and password)
- Burn a feed - for a Commonspot blog, you will need to enter the path to the RSS feed for your blog. You can find that by clicking on the image on your main blog page. Remember the name you enter for the feed - you'll need it when configuring the Commonspot element.
- Click the "Publicize" tab and select "Email Subscriptions". You won't need any of the html code on this page - just click "activate" at the bottom of the page.
- Select the "Feedburner Subscription" element from the Content Well category in the Element Gallery.
- Edit the element and select the "Parameters" tab in the properties form. Enter the Feedburner feed name here. Optionally, you can change the title and color displayed in the element.
Here's an example, with the feed name "MobileWebProject". The title has been customized - the default title is "Subscribe by email". The color is set to the default "gray". Color options are red, gold, beige, and gray.