- SCU Home Page
- About SCU
- On Campus
- News & Info
- Web Publishing
- Redesign Project
- About Web Publishing
- Getting Started
- CommonSpot Help
- Design Resources
- Publisher Resources
- Contact Us
How to create or edit the Quick Links element in CommonSpot
1. To begin, you must be in "Author Mode."
2. Click to add a new element and choose "Content Well" -> "Quick Links." (note: you can use the Quick Links element in the right column also.)
3. Click on the Pencil above the new Quick Links bar and choose "Edit Link Bar..."
4. A new window will open displaying the existing links and the option to add a new link. This is the LinkBar window. To add a new link, click the text indicating to do so.
5. Type in the label for the link as it will appear in the Quick Links menu. Then click next.
7. To edit an existing link, in the LinkBar window click the "pencil" next to the desired link and choose "Edit Link."
8. Follow the above steps to change the information as needed.
Note: The links will appear on the Quick Links menu in the same order as seen on the LinkBar window.
9. To change the order of the existing links, click the "pencil" next to the desired link and choose the appropriate option:
Note: In order to move a link several places up or down, this process will need to be completed multiple times.
10. To prevent needless moving, to insert a new link within an existing group of links, click the "pencil" next to the link directly above or below the desired position, and choose "Insert new link above" or "Insert new link below."
11. Finally to delete a link, click the "pencil" next to the desired link and choose "Delete link."
12. Submit the changes for publication and click the appropriate button to close the window.
The Quick Links display can be modified by changing a setting for the custom render handler. The background and text color for the select list can be switched from clear (white) to any of the colors in the SCU styles. Here's how to change the colors: