- SCU Home Page
- About SCU
- On Campus
- News & Info
- About The Wellness Center
- BASICS Alcohol Program
- e-CHUG & e-TOKE
- Why don't we do it in our sleeves?
- Health & Wellness Presentations
- Health & Wellness Topics
- Health & Wellness Screenings
- Peer Health Education (PHE) Program
- Violence Prevention Program
- Potty Talk Newsletter
- "Queer Abby" Advice Column
- 12-Step & Support Groups
- Registered Dietitian Services
- Campus Recreation & Fitness Classes
- Medical Amnesty & Good Samaritan Info
- Crisis & Help Line Phone Numbers
- Contact Us
Peer Health Education Program
What is a Peer Health Educator??
The mission of the Peer Health Education (PHE) Program is to provide an effective peer network to encourage, support, and advance healthful living for all SCU students. As a PHE you will have the unique opportunity to learn the most current information on a variety of health related topics including general wellness, eating disorders/body image, alcohol and substance abuse, and sexual assault prevention. In addition, PHEs will be trained to facilitate interactive presentations, discussions, panels, workshops, and health awareness events for SCU students within the residence halls, classrooms, student organizations, and off-campus organizations. PHEs will gain important leadership skills, develop teaching and public speaking skills and have the opportunity to work with other students and campus staff. We welcome all SCU students regardless of major or class year.
What's in it for Me??
Becoming a Peer Health Educator has many rewards, including...
Exciting campus-wide events and awareness campaigns you can help with as a PHE:
The Application Process:1) Please fill out and return the application to the PHE Vice President at PHEVicePresident@gmail.com *Note: You can type directly onto this form.
2) If your application is selected, you will be asked to come in for an interview with PHE officers.
3) Peer Health Education (PHSC 196), a 2-unit course that is required for all Peer Health Educators, will be offered Winter Quarter on MW 4:00-5:15! For more information, please contact PHE Vice President PHEVicePresident@gmail.com or Dr. Alison Bateman firstname.lastname@example.org (PHE Advisor).
If you need more information, please direct any questions to: