Faculty are crucial to fostering a culture of integrity at Santa Clara University. Some of the ways that faculty can reinforce the importance of Academic Integrity and the significance of the Academic Integrity Pledge include the following:
- Make conversations about Academic Integrity an ongoing part of courses
- Include the pledge and a statement of academic integrity in the syllabus and course website
- Discuss the importance of integrity in their own scholarship and in their discipline
- Use the pledge in conjunction with assignments and tests
- Discuss academic standards for their particular discipline, class, and assignments (e.g. forms of citation, acceptable and unacceptable collaboration)
- Report violations of Academic Integrity
Listed below are resources for using the Academic Integrity Pledge and for fostering a climate of Academic Integrity.
Find more information on the pilot program and the history of the Academic Integrity Pledge
For the Classroom
Find information on syllabus statements and designing assignments to foster academic integrity
Reporting a Violation
Get more information on how to report a violation and how the adjudication process works
Campus Resources for Students
These campus resources can help students facing the feelings of stress and anxiety that can result in decisions to compromise Academic Integrity (Faculty/staff referral may be the incentive a student needs to explore support options).