SCU Rescission Policies
The Office of Undergraduate Admission reserves the right to rescind an offer of admission under any of the following circumstances:
- If there’s a significant deterioration in your academic work during your final months of school or you do not graduate and receive a diploma by the end of this school year.
- If your application you submitted and/or your behavior brings into question your honesty, integrity or character.
- If your official test scores from the College Board or the ACT do not align with your self-reported test scores.
- If you hold a confirmed place at both Santa Clara University and at another institution after May 1. (You do have the right to remain on an active wait list at another university.)
- Failure to complete required steps for enrollment by the appropriate deadlines.
*Santa Clara has always provided all applicants an opportunity to explain a disciplinary infraction and carefully considers all contexts they provide. Participation in peaceful and lawful activism or protests would not be a reason for the Santa Clara University Admissions Committee to deny or rescind an offer of admission.
We encourage students in jeopardy of rescission to be proactive and contact us as soon as possible.