Group Visit Registration Information
Group Tour Scheduling
Thank you for your interest in scheduling a group tour at Santa Clara University! Our group tours are 1 hour and are offered October through May, and on some select days from June through September. Group tours are restricted during peak visitation times (restricted dates are listed below).
Group tours are scheduled at the following times:
- Monday-Thursday at 10:30am and 2:30pm
- Select Saturdays at 11:45am (October-May 18, 2019 only)
Requests for group tours are accepted on a first-come, first serve basis. Please fill out the Group Reservation Request Form to request a date to visit. For planning purposes, please request tours at least four weeks in advance. Please select your date carefully as we do book very quickly and may be unable to reschedule another date at a later time. Your tour is not confirmed until you receive email confirmation from a Visitor Relations coordinator.
- Special Group tours are limited to high school and college bound groups (grades 9-12) of up to 100 people. Local community organizations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- We are unable to accommodate elementary or middle school students due to the heavy demand we receive for high school and college transfer visits. You may visit on your own by participating in a self-guided walking tour. If interested, download it here! You may pick up admission brochures in the Undergraduate Admission office on the date of your visit.
- For groups of 60 or less, your visit will include a 20 minute counselor information session and a 40 minute tour or you can opt for a 60 minute tour instead. Groups over 60 (up to 100) will be offered a 60 minute campus tour and do not include a counselor information session.
- Due to staffing limitations, we are unable to accept every request we get. We do book quickly, so planning in advance is very important.
|Dates||Academic Holiday & Blackout Dates||Tour Availability|
|June 11-September 23, 2018||Summer Availability Varies||Call Office|
|November 15-24, 2018||Thanksgiving Break||Self-Guided Tours|
|December 3, 2018-January 12, 2019||Finals and Winter Break||Self-Guided Tours|
|January 21, 2019||MLK Academic Holiday||Office Closed|
|February 18, 2019||President Academic Holiday||Office Closed|
|February 19-23, 2019||Blackout Dates (President Week)||Self-Guided Tours|
|March 15-April 27, 2019||Blackout Dates||Self-Guided Tours|
|April 19, 2019||Good Friday Academic Holiday||Office Closed|
|May 27, 2019||Memorial Day||Office Closed|
|June 8-September 30, 2019||Summer Availability Varies||Call Office|
|July 4, 2019||Independence Day||Office Closed|
|September 2, 2019||Labor Day||Office Closed|
Summer group tour availability varies. We encourage you to check back in late spring for an update on summer group tours.
In order to offer a superior visit experience for your group, please review the following guidelines:
We can accommodate groups from 10 to 100. If your group arrives with more than 100 students, we may have to offer you a self-guided tour. If you group is less than 10, each student can register individually here for one of our traditional two hour visits.
Please arrive on time. Bay Area traffic can be heavy especially during the morning commute hours. If you are more than 15 minutes late, this could result in the change or cancellation of scheduled activities. Our Student Ambassador Tour guides are not available outside the scheduled window.
In the event that you need to cancel your visit, please provide appropriate notification of the cancellation by calling our office at (408) 554-4700. Additionally, if the number in your group changes from your original count, please notify us at least one week prior to your scheduled visit. This will assist us in making sure to schedule the appropriate number of tour guides.
One chaperone is required for every 15 students and/or guests.
- Chaperones are expected to monitor the behavior of each student and/or guest during the entire visit. Should the group arrive without adequate chaperones, this may result in some activities (including the campus tour) to be cancelled.
The use of electronic devices by students are not permitted during the presentation or campus tour.
Please ensure students and/or guests show respect to the university, its faculty, staff, and students during your group visit.
- Failure to do so may result in early conclusion of the visit and may restrict any future visits.
If your group would like to dine on campus, please contact our Catering department at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Directions and Campus Map
Undergraduate Admission is located in the Schott Enrollment Services building, right up the main entrance of the campus. For directions to our campus and to obtain a campus map, please visit https://www.scu.edu/aboutscu/our-campus/directions. Plan to arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled visit to check in.
Enter through the main campus entrance of the university and stop at the parking kiosk. Buses will be directed to drop off the group at our main campus entrance and will be directed to off campus parking by the attendant. Buses will pick up the group at the same location when the visit is completed. If you are driving separate cars to our campus, please obtain a free visitor pass from the main kiosk at the entrance to our campus. You will be directed to park in the parking structure or in visitor parking located next to Enrollment Services.