Jane Duong Davaransky
Graduation Year: 2000
Hometown: Livermore, CA
Current Residence: Fremont, CA
Major at Santa Clara: Finance, Minors: Ethnic Studies & Retail Studies
Occupation: Senior Financial Analyst - SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
Favorite memory from Santa Clara
- Hands down – graduating and getting a degree from Santa Clara University was the most exciting moment of my life. Earning a degree from Santa Clara University was something I dreamed about since the 8th grade.
Extracurricular activities while a student at SCU
- de Saisset Museum student staff & former Advisory Board Member
- Vietnamese Student Association Officer
- Retail Management Institute
- Asian Pacific Student Union
- Campus Ministry
My hobbies and interests
- In my spare time, apart from caring for my own family, I enjoy doing charity work. The main emphasis of my charity work includes anything involving SCU and organizations that support the well-being of children.
- I spend most of my free energy supporting de Saisset Museum (SCU), Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital (Stanford), and Abode Services Sunrise Shelter.
- Aside from my family and charity work, I dabble in a bit of fantasy football with friends and family during the fall and winter months.
Things I am good at
- I am good at working hard and making people laugh. I’ll work hard to make you laugh.
Expertise that I have acquired in my life and career that I bring to my term of service on the SCU Alumni Board
- I want to share my experiences as a working mom and help influence alumni activities that cater to my demographic. Last year at the Class of 2000 Grand Reunion, the committee piloted a breastfeeding/diaper-changing/family room based on my suggestion.