Graduation Year: 2016
Hometown: San Jose, CA
Current Residence: San Francisco, CA
Major at Santa Clara: Accounting and Economics dual degree, International Business minor
Occupation: Investments Analyst at BlackRock
Favorite memories from Santa Clara
I’ve had many fond memories during my time at SCU, having recently graduated in 2016. Several of them include:
- Completing and presenting my senior honors thesis (Does Studying Economics Make You Selfish?) at the SCU Honors Poster Symposium
- Being in shock when I heard I won the 2016 O. Robert Anderson Award for Outstanding Academic Achievement award given to SCU’s top accounting student
- Having a photoshoot taken around campus for the Santa Clara Magazine
- Taking graduation photos with my friends around Mission Church - a nice reflection of the experiences we’ve had and have yet to come!
Extracurricular activities while a student at SCU
- Founder and President of Santa Clara Consulting and UNICEF Campus Initiative at SCU
- Economics research assistant for Dr. Mario Belotti
- Senior Officer, SCU Accounting Association
- UGBP Presidents Council
- VP of Professional Activities, Delta Sigma Pi
- Treasurer, Freshman Representative at Chinese Student Association
- Honor Societies: Phi Beta Kappa, Alpha Sigma Nu, Beta Gamma Sigma, University Honors Program, ACE Leadership Program, Leavey Scholars Program, Dean’s Leadership Program, valedictorian nominee
My hobbies and interests
- Figure skating. I am an avid Michelle Kwan and Kristi Yamaguchi fan! I am a 3-time Theatre on Ice National Champion and represented Team USA 2015 in the World Championships in France.
- Philanthropy. I founded UNICEF Campus Initiative at SCU, and my passion to make a positive impact in the world truly resonated with me. I currently co-lead BlackRock’s SF Graduate Philanthropy Committee and am part of BlackRock’s WIN (Women’s Initiative Network) Philanthropy Committee.
- Planning my next getaway. I enjoy traveling and exploring different states in the U.S, and I’ve made it a goal to see all of them. So far, I have 32 more to go!
Things that I am good at
- Social media. I need to capture the perfect Instagram post (follow me @tiffigems)!
- Problem solving. I enjoy discovering creative solutions for any issues or problems that arise.
- Making plans. I love planning events and experiences, which includes detailed travel itineraries.
- Playing the harp. I was part of numerous orchestras, including the Stanford Symphony Orchestra, San Jose Youth Symphony Philharmonic Orchestra, Polyphony Chamber Orchestra, and the South Bay Philharmonic, and performed as a soloist for a number of them. I really enjoyed performing as a soloist with the Elite Little Angels Symphony Orchestra, where I toured China and Taiwan
Expertise that I have acquired in my life and career that I bring to my term of service on the SCU Alumni Board
- Effective time management. During my time at SCU, I was juggling a 25-hour/week internship, a full-set of classes, 4 AM figure skating practices, and leading numerous clubs and organizations! Currently, I am part of 3 committees at work and serving as Secretary at Financial Executives International Rising Stars Advisory Board.
- Discussing what is occurring in the world and what we need to do to make it a better place.
- Working well in teams and knowing when to be a leader, a supporter, and a listener.