Congratulations, Class of 2021 and Welcome to the Alumni Family!
As you begin this next chapter, remember that while you are an SCU student for a few years, you are a Bronco for life! And you now belong to a family that is more than 100,000 strong. No matter where you are across the world, you’re likely to find a Bronco eager to connect with you.
Everything you need to get started is below. Just follow the steps, get involved, and enjoy the advantages of being part of the Santa Clara Alumni Family. Go Broncos!
1. Stay Connected
Santa Clara alumni communities are located throughout the world and gather by region, identity, and industry. Keeping your mailing address and other information updated with us is key so we can let you know about events and engagement programs in your area (and with your industry and identity-based groups!).
2. Complete Your Digital Class Book Page
Graduating Seniors: to help capture your journey at Santa Clara, the Alumni Association is providing a virtual class book just for you. We hope it will provide a meaningful way to celebrate your accomplishments and stay connected with your 2021 classmates. Tell a story, relive a memory, reflect on what SCU means to you, and share your plans for the future.
3. Save the Date for Grand Reunion
Grand Reunion Weekend is the perfect time to show off your new alumni status! Come back October 7 - 10, 2021 in celebration of your class and fellow Broncos in reunion years. Don't miss the special Grad Party for you and the Class of 2020. It's sure to be a blast!
P.S. We are also putting together a time capsule for your class—be sure to submit your favorite photos, include a letter to your classmates, or drop off your favorite Bronco keychain to be included!
4. Launch Your Bronco Network
Broncos LOVE hiring Broncos. Jump-start your connections with these platforms and resources:
- Join our LinkedIn Group to network, share ideas, and engage in discussions. The LinkedIn alumni search tool helps you find alumni in jobs you'd like to explore (great for identifying informational interviews!)—check out the demo video.
- Create an account and search the Alumni Directory—a way to quickly look up alumni contact information.
- Use Switchboard to ask for what you need and offer what you have—advice, jobs, housing—all the post-grad career essentials.
- Gain insight from our recent alumni panel, focusing on experiences of four SCU graduates who navigated their career journey during the Great Recession.
5. Connect Through our Social Networks
Like us on Facebook and join your specific class year, regional, or industry group for community-specific announcements and to connect with Broncos in your area. Scroll through our Instagram for the latest alumni stories, campus beauty, and #ThrowBackThursdays! Reference our Hashtag Directory to stay in the loop with popular conversation topics—we’ll keep you updated on events, University news, and Santa Clara friends and family.
6. Watch for your new Alumni Email Account
Your student SCU email account will soon transition to an alumni account! Take advantage of this free service and update others with your new email address.
Stay connected with fellow young alumni, leverage your Bronco network in your career, and take advantage of alumni exclusive perks!
Questions? Connect with Jenny Sullivan '07, Associate Director, Community Engagement