Art History Major and Minor Requirements
In addition to fulfilling the Undergraduate Core Curriculum requirements for the bachelor of arts degree, students majoring or minoring in studio art must complete the following department requirements for the 2016-17 academic year. Check out the complete list of Art History course descriptions. Please refer to your class bulletin for restriction details or check your degree audit for major and minor requirements.
What courses do I need to take for an Art History Major?
The Art History major requires 15 courses: (13 ARTH courses and 2 studio ARTS courses)
- Four courses from ARTH 11A, 12A, 21-27
- Two studio ARTS courses
- ARTH 100 Art History Proseminar, preferably taken at the end of the sophomore year
- Five upper-division courses from ARTH 104-197
- Two additional ARTH courses
- ARTH 196 Senior Art History Capstone Seminar taken during the senior year
What courses do I need to take for an Art History Minor?
The Art History minor requires 7 courses: (6 ARTH courses and 1 studio ARTS course)
- Two courses from ARTH 11A, 12A, 21-27
- One studio ARTS course
- Three upper-division courses from ARTH 104-197
- One additional ARTH courses