Art History Major and Minor Requirements
In addition to fulfilling the Undergraduate Core Curriculum requirements for the bachelor of arts degree, students majoring or minoring in studio art must complete the following department requirements for the 2018-19 academic year. Check out the complete list of course requirements and course descriptions in the 2018-19 Undergraduate Bulletin. Continuing students must refer to your class bulletin year for course requirements or check your degree audit for major and minor requirements.
What courses do I need to take for an Art History Major?
The Art History major requires 15 courses: (13 ARTH courses and 2 studio ARTS courses)
- Four courses from ARTH 11A, 12A, 21-27
- Two lower- or upper-division studio ARTS courses
- ARTH 100 (preferably taken at the end of the sophomore year)
- Five upper-division ARTH courses
- Two additional lower- or upper-division ARTH courses
- ARTH 196 (senior year)
What courses do I need to take for an Art History Minor?
The Art History minor requires 7 courses: (6 ARTH courses and 1 studio ARTS course)
- Two courses from ARTH 11A, 12A, 21-27
- One studio ARTS course
- Three upper-division ARTH courses
- One additional lower- or upper-division ARTH course