Need more information? Ready to plan? Need a site visit? Check out below.
Need More Information?
The initial step to hosting your event/conference on the SCU campus is to submit an inquiry via our inquiry form. Additionally, you can call our office at 408.551.4302 or email at email@example.com
All events are subject to university approval. The following required information will be requested:
- Verification, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization status
- Description and website of your organization
- Event purpose
- Detailed event agenda
Below is the projected timeline of required forms and information due prior to your event date.
- Submit signed contract and 20% non-refundable deposit as listed on contract ten (10) days after signed agreement.
- Submit equipment and AV needs to your Event Manager (3 weeks prior)
- Contact SCU’s on-campus caterer, Bon Appetit, for any catering for your event (5 weeks)
- If applicable, submit a list of rental equipment and insurance from outside vendors
- Provided your assigned Event Manager with a certificate of insurance ten (10) business day prior to your event. ATTN; Conference Services
- Final payment for the event is due 30 days from receipt of post-event invoice
We accept payments in the form of checks. Please make checks payable to “Santa Clara University - Conference Services" and mail to the following address:
Santa Clara University
Housing Office & Conference Services; ATTN: Conference Services
500 El Camino Real
Benson Suite 212
Santa Clara, CA 95053
We are more than happy to schedule a site visit for you and your team. It is a great way to get the lay of the land. The site tour will take approximately 1/2 hour to an hour. To schedule a site visit please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 408.551.3027.
What you should expect on your site site visit.
- Tour of Residence Hall that your guest will be staying in (if applicable)
- During the academic year, we will be able to view a tour room.
- Tour of the spaces that have been reserved for your group
- Tour of Louis B. Mayer Theater and Recital hall, if reserved
- Please add an additional 1/2 hour to your schedule.
Our time together is valuable, please have a list of questions prior to your arrival. If you need additional time to spend with your team to discuss logistics, we would be more than happy to reserve a conference room.
Below is a list of important questions to consider when planning an event.
When selecting a date, consider:
- Does it conflict with major institutional events?
- Does it fall on a holiday?
When selecting a location, determine:
- Approximate number of attendees
- Preferred set up – i.e. classroom style, theater-style
- Dining needs
- Audiovisual needs
What will the parking needs entail?
- Will your guests be coming by way of bus or by individual vehicle?
- Expected number of overnight vehicles? Have you added parking to room registration?
- How many commuter or offsite guest will need parking?
- Will the conference or individuals pay for parking? How has this been communciated?
What meals will be provided? Dietary Restrictions?
Will your group be offsite during the conference?
- How many commuter and overnight guest will be dining?
- What our the food options
- Continental breakfast/morning refresh
- Afternoon break
- Table cloths and skirting for registration and display tables
- Where will meals take place?
- Do you require WiFi access or a dedicated line?
- Will you be using PowerPoint or other Windows programs?
- Will you be bringing a MAC laptop?
- Will you need assistance with virtual set ups?
Will you need:
- A registration table
- Display tables
- Type of housing preferred – apartment-style, suite-style, or traditional residence halls
- Will you require linen service?
- Will you need housekeeping services?
- Will there be any early arrivals or late departures?
Before You Arrive
Conference Services is pleased to include the following as part of your conference package*
Before your arrival we will:
- Provide assistance with budget planning questions
- Reserve on-campus housing in student residences
- Serve as liaison for on-campus services:
- Media Services – classroom and special event media
- University Catering – catered events and breaks
- Reserve classrooms, social space and event space
- Arrange for room/event setup and labor as requested (additional charge)
- Assign specific meal hours for dining
- Arrange for pack-out meals (meals taken off campus)
- Coordinate ADA requirements
When on campus we will:
- Provide an on-campus conference office open daily from 8am - 10:30pm
- room and key issues, mail/packages, parking permits, late check-ins (until 10:30pm), check-out, maps, and general questions regarding campus and the Santa Clara areas