Need more information? Ready to plan? Need a site visit? Check out below.
The initial step to hosting your event/conference on the SCU campus is to submit an inquiry via our inquiry form. Additionally, you can call our office at 408.554.4302 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
All events are subject to university approval. The following is required:
- Verification, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization status
- Certificate of Insurance
Below is the projected timeline of required forms and information due prior to your event date.
- Contracts submitted by April 30th
- Submit signed contract and 25% non-refundable deposit as listed on contract fourteen (14) days after signed agreement.
- Submit equipment and AV needs to your Event Manager (3 weeks prior)
- Contact SCU’s on-campus caterer, Bon Appetit, for any catering for your event (3 weeks prior)
- If applicable, submit a list of rental equipment and insurance from outside vendors
- Provided your assigned Event Manager with a certificate of insurance ten (10) business day prior to your event. ATTN; Conference Services
- Final payment for the event is due 30 days from receipt of post-event invoice
We accept payments in the form of checks. Please make checks payable to “Santa Clara University - Conference Services" and mail to the following address:
Santa Clara University
Housing Office & Conference Services; ATTN: Conference Services
500 El Camino Real
Benson Suite 212
Santa Clara, CA 95053
We are more than happy to schedule a site visit for you and your team. It is a great way to get the lay of the land. The site tour will take approximately an hour to an hour and half. To schedule a site visit please email email@example.com or call 408.551.3027.
What you should expect on your site site visit.
- Tour of Residence Hall that your guest will be staying in (if applicable)
- During the academic year, we will be able to view a tour room.
- Tour of meeting and event spaces or the vicinity of events are bing held
- Tour of Louis B. Mayer Theater and Recital hall, if reserved and confirmed
- Please add an additional 1/2 hour to your schedule.
Our time together is valuable, please have a list of questions prior to your arrival. If you need additional time to spend with your team to discuss logistics, we would be more than happy to reserve a conference room.
Conference Services is pleased to include the following as part of your conference package*
Before your arrival we will:
- Provide assistance with budget planning questions
- Reserve on-campus housing in student residences
- Serve as liaison for on-campus services:
- Media Services – classroom and special event media
- University Catering – catered events and breaks
- Reserve classrooms, social space and event space
- Arrange for room/event setup and labor as requested (additional charge)
- Assign specific meal hours for dining
- Arrange for pack-out meals (meals taken off campus)
- Coordinate ADA requirements
When on campus we will:
- Provide an on-campus conference office open daily from 8am - 10:00pm
- room and key issues, mail/packages, parking permits, late check-ins (until 9:30pm), check-out, maps, and general questions regarding campus and the Santa Clara areas