Swig Residence Hall is an 11-story building named after Benjamin Swig. It was built in the 1960's as the student population at SCU began to boom.
Number of Available Beds
- 382, bed spaces in double occupancy accommodations
- Twin XL bed frame and mattress
- Desk, rolling desk cabinet, desk chair, wardrobe and 3 stacking dressers
- Vanity and sink
- Secure entry with electronic access control
- 2 main elevators
- Laundry facilities (coin-operated)
- Lounge spaces located on floors 2, 4, 6, and 8.
- Kitchenette on floors 3, 5, 7, and 9
- Men and Women's restroom/shower facilities located on each floor
- In the space directly outside of the building, a sand volleyball court, connect four game, and cornhole set are available for student use. Picnic tables and Adirondack chairs with umbrellas provide additional outdoor gathering spaces. Shared outdoors space with Swig and Dunne Residents.
Reservable Spaces with Convenient Price Packages
- Swig Sky Lounge (includes 2 small break-out rooms)(11th Floor)
- Swig Conference Room (11th floor)
- Conference Room (Basement)
- Movie Room (Basement)
- Kennedy Commons (Grass area between Swig, Dunne and McLaughlin Walsh)