BMC Construction Information
- Benson Memorial Center is arguably the most used campus building and as such need to be a welcoming environment that embraces and reflects Santa Clara’s diverse cultures, perspectives and individuals.
- As the university engages in its integrated strategic plan, ‘Santa Clara 2020’ has declared its intention to grow the undergraduate population from approximately 5,400 to 6,000 over the course of the next several years.
- The university requires additional residence hall space, enlarged dining venues to accommodate the growth, and as such needs to provide the services, conveniences, and amenities that support the day-to-day needs of students.
- Begins February 19th and will be open for September’s Welcome Weekend.
- Included: enclosing the existing Bronco Patio and adding 100+ new seats and food concepts.
- The Bank of America ATM will be accessible during the renovation.
- Begins following June’s commencement ceremonies and will re-open for September’s Welcome Weekend.
- Included: first floor dining redesign and rejuvenation and three separate floor openings – approximately 5 feet wide by 20 feet long will be created that will allow view access to the basement.
- Campus Post Office and The Mission City Federal Credit Union ATM will both be accessible during the renovation.