Center for Student Involvement
The Center for Student Involvement (CSI) is dedicated to providing high-quality leadership education through leadership programs and student activities in an integrated academic environment. Working with faculty, students, staff, alumni, and the greater community, CSI will:
- Prepare students to be informed educated leaders in society who exhibit courage, character, and respect for others
- Provide students with opportunities to discover their potential and examine their personal values, opinions, and beliefs
- Encourage students to practice skills and competencies associated with effective leadership
- Advise student leaders and student organizations in group development organizational management and program development
- Be an advocate for students’ interests and celebrate their contributions to University life and the larger community
CSI enhances student potential and educates for leadership in the Jesuit tradition. The staff of scholar practitioners provides programs and services that embrace the values of social justice, citizenship, ethical decision making, service to others, and diversity.
CSI collaborates with faculty and staff throughout the University to deliver summer orientation programming introducing new students and their families to the campus community, especially their Residential Learning Communities, supporting advising and registration for fall classes, and engaging new students in discussions of community values and summer reading. Other programming throughout the academic year encourages students to take advantage of rich academic and co-curricular opportunities and supports new students as they adjust to the demands and responsibilities of University life.