Continuing Education Calendar
Continuing Ed Calendar
What’s Happening in the World of Equity Compensation?
The CEPI wants to make sure you knew about all the exciting events this month in the world of equity compensation. There are many great opportunities to learn more in this constantly changing industry and to earn Continuing Education hours. For more information, please visit the CEPI website at http://www.scu.edu/business/cepi.
Stay current by participating in some of these activities which have been pre-approved for CE for CEPs.
Continuing education is an integral part of certification programs. Every CEP designee is required to complete 30 hours of continuing education every two years after receiving the designation. For example, if you received your CEP designation in 2013, your first continuing education application is due 12/31/2016. If you are unsure of your next due date, please check the MyCEP System or contact the Institute at email@example.com or (408) 554-2187.
- Sept 26, 2017 – GEO Webcast, 9AM PDT, Global Corporate Governance Pay Ratio and Gender Pay Gap Disclosure Requirements - What to Report, Potential Issues and the Benefit of Good D&I Practices and Training
- Oct 18, 2017 – GEO Webcast, 9AM PDT, Global Equity Updates
- Oct 26, 2017 – SOS Webcast, 11AM PDT, Basic Training: A Day in the Life of a Stock Admin
Other Area Events:
- Sept 12, 2017 – Philadelphia Chapter NASPP, Executive Compensation Challenges for 2016/2017, Philadelphia, PA
- Sept 13-15, 2017 – GEO’s National Equity Compensation Forum, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
- Sept 14, 2017 – Houston Chapter NASPP, Hot Topics Roundtable, TBD
- Sept 19, 2017 – Denver Chapter NASPP Meeting, NQ Deferred Comp Presented by Morgan Stanley, Lone Tree, CO
- Sept 19, 2017 – Carolinas Chapter NASPP Meeting, TBD, Charlotte and Raleigh/Durham, NC
- Sept 21, 2017 – Atlanta Chapter NASPP Meeting, Current State of Affairs – ACA, Dodd-Frank and Global Tax Policies, Atlanta, GA
- Sept 28, 2017 – Las Angeles Chapter NASPP, T+2 Equity Settlements and Escheatment Best Practices with American Stock Transfer, Santa Monica, CA
- Oct 4, 2017 – Houston Chapter NASPP Meeting, TBD, Houston, TX
- Oct 11, 2017 – Houston Chapter NASPP, October 2017 Houston NASPP Luncheon, TBD
- Oct 17-20, 2017 – 25th Annual NASPP Conference & Exhibition, Washington, D.C.
Planning ahead? Mark your calendar with these important dates:
- Nov 14, 2017 – Philadelphia Chapter NASPP, Ten Factors Companies Should Spend More Time on Before Implementing a Long-Term Incentive Plan, TBD
- Dec 5, 2017 – Houston Chapter NASPP, December 2017 Houston NASPP Meeting, TBD
- myStockOptions.com - CE for CEPs who complete the following courses and corresponding exams in the Learning Center:
- Advanced Course on Restricted Stock, RSUs, and Performance Shares (5 hours)
- Advanced Course on Employee Stock Purchase Plans (5 hours)
- Advanced Course on Nonqualified Stock Options (5 hours)
- Advanced Course on SEC Law and Insider Trading (5 hours)
- Advanced Course on Incentive Stock Options (5 hours)
- Course on Financial Planning with Stock Compensation (5 hours)
- For information, please contact myStockOptions.com at http://www.mystockoptions.com/ or firstname.lastname@example.org
The following organizations have recorded webcasts or online webinars that may be viewed for continuing education. Please visit their websites for current offerings and cost. Some activities may be for members only.
- GEO - http://www.globalequity.org/geo/home#
- Equity Compensation Webinars
- NASPP - http://www.naspp.com/home/
- Examples of webinars that qualify as continuing education: Stock Plan Fundamentals, Annual Conference - Session Presentations
- NCEO - http://www.nceo.org/. Please note that ESOP focused activities will not count toward CE for CEPs
- Example of webinars that qualify as continuing education: Navigating the 409A Deferred Compensation Plan Rules
- SOS- http://www.sos-team.com/screens/SOS-Knowledgebase/Equity-Compensation-Webcasts.aspx
- CE for CEPs who complete the following courses and pass the exam in the Learning Center on the site.