Continuing Education Calendar
Continuing Ed Calendar
What’s Happening in the World of Equity Compensation?
The CEPI wants to make sure you knew about all the exciting events this month in the world of equity compensation. There are many great opportunities to learn more in this constantly changing industry and to earn Continuing Education hours. For more information, please visit the CEPI website at http://www.scu.edu/business/cepi.
Stay current by participating in some of these activities which have been pre-approved for CE for CEPs.
Continuing education is an integral part of certification programs. Every CEP designee is required to complete 30 hours of continuing education every two years after receiving the designation. For example, if you received your CEP designation in 2013, your first continuing education application is due 12/31/2016. If you are unsure of your next due date, please check the MyCEP System or contact the Institute at email@example.com or (408) 554-2187.
- May 2, 2017 – NCEO Webinar, 9:30AM PDT, Staying Private: Liquidity Options for Equity Compensation Plans
- May 9, 2017 – Certent Webinar, 11 AM PDT, Stick the Landing on Performance Award Accounting
- May 11, 2017 – GEO Webcast, 9:00AM PDT, Global Equity Update
- June 6, 2017 – NCEO Webinar, 9:30AM PDT, Equity Compensation for LLCs
- June 6, 2017 – SOS Webcast, 11:00AM PDT, HR, Payroll or Stock: Questions to Ask When Considering Outsourcing
- June 7, 2017 – GEO Webcast, 9:00AM PDT, The White Glove Treatment: Making Stock Plans Benefits Accessible to Global Participants
Silicon Valley Events:
- May 10, 17, and 24, 2017 – Baker Mckenzie Training Series, The Global Equity Academy, Palo Alto, CA
- May 1-4, 2017 - E*TRADE Directions, Scottsdale, AZ
- May 4, 2017 – Houston Chapter NASPP Meeting, Net Withholding Provisions Ain’t Boring No More!, Houston, TX
- May 5, 2017 – Dallas Chapter NASPP Meeting, Equity Compensation Workshop, Dallas, TX
- May 9. 2017 – Kansas/Missouri Chapter NASPP Meeting, Accounting Updates—Beyond ASU 2016-09 Performance Shares Challenges, Kansas City, MO
- May 10, 2017 – Michigan Chapter NASPP Meeting, Performance Share Challenges & ESPP Best Practices, Troy, MI
- May 11, 2017 – Philadelphia Chapter NASPP Meeting, What’s New in 2017 in Equity Compensation, Philadelphia, PA
- May 16, 2017 – Boston Chapter NASPP Meeting, Top Ten Ways to Breathe New Life into Your Stock Plan Education Program, Location TBD
- May 19, 2017 – New York/New Jersey Chapter NASPP Meeting, Picking Your Virtual Pocket: Cyber Risks for Stock Professionals, New York, NY
- May 22-24, 2017 – Certent Summit, Nashville, TN
- May 23, 2017 – Nashville Chapter NASPP Meeting, Top Trends in Stock Compensation, Nashville, TN
- May 23-26, 2017 – Solium Synergy 2017, San Diego, CA
- May 24, 2017 – Denver Chapter NASPP Meeting, Tax Settlement Forecasting in light of ASU 2016-09. Benefits, methodologies and How to Set Rigorous Goals on Performance Awards with Accounting Metrics, Denver, CO
- May 24, 2017 – San Diego Chapter NASPP Meeting, Some Like it Hot: Emerging Topics in Tax and Accounting, San Diego, CA
- May 31, 2017 – Los Angeles Chapter NASPP Luncheon Meeting, Equity Plan Design Enhancements and Best Practices, Santa Monica, CA
- June 8, 2017 – Philadelphia Chapter NASPP Half Day Event, Villanova, PA
- June 15, 2017 – GEO Northern California Annual Forum, San Carlos, CA
- June 19-23, 2017 – Equilar Summit, Chicago, IL
Other Area Events:
Planning ahead? Mark your calendar with these important dates:
- July 14, 2017 – The 9th Annual New England and NASPP Regional Conference, 2017 Regional Conference: A Day Full of Sessions on Equity Compensation and Executive Compensation, Smithfield, RI
- July 18, 2017 – NCEO Webinar, 9:30 The Decision-Maker’s Guide to Equity Compensation
- July 31-Aug 1, 2017 – The 2nd Annual CEP East Coast Symposium with Event Partner Rutgers’ School of Management and Labor Relations, New Brunswick, NJ
- Sept 13-15, 2017 – GEO’s National Equity Compensation Forum, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
- Sept 14, 2017 – Houston Chapter NASPP, Hot Topics Roundtable, TBD
- Oct 11, 2017 – Houston Chapter NASPP, October 2017 Houston NASPP Luncheon, TBD
- Oct 17-20, 2017 – 25th Annual NASPP Conference & Exhibition, Washington, D.C.
- myStockOptions.com - CE for CEPs who complete the following courses and corresponding exams in the Learning Center:
- Advanced Course on Restricted Stock, RSUs, and Performance Shares (5 hours)
- Advanced Course on Employee Stock Purchase Plans (5 hours)
- Advanced Course on Nonqualified Stock Options (5 hours)
- Advanced Course on SEC Law and Insider Trading (5 hours)
- Advanced Course on Incentive Stock Options (5 hours)
- Course on Financial Planning with Stock Compensation (5 hours)
- For information, please contact myStockOptions.com at http://www.mystockoptions.com/ or firstname.lastname@example.org
The following organizations have recorded webcasts or online webinars that may be viewed for continuing education. Please visit their websites for current offerings and cost. Some activities may be for members only.
- GEO - http://www.globalequity.org/geo/home#
- Equity Compensation Webinars
- NASPP - http://www.naspp.com/home/
- Examples of webinars that qualify as continuing education: Stock Plan Fundamentals, Annual Conference - Session Presentations
- NCEO - http://www.nceo.org/. Please note that ESOP focused activities will not count toward CE for CEPs
- Example of webinars that qualify as continuing education: Navigating the 409A Deferred Compensation Plan Rules
- SOS- http://www.sos-team.com/screens/SOS-Knowledgebase/Equity-Compensation-Webcasts.aspx
- CE for CEPs who complete the following courses and pass the exam in the Learning Center on the site.
- CEP members get full premium member access to the all the content and tools on myStockOptions.com along with the CE courses.