Continuing Education Calendar
Continuing Ed Calendar
What’s Happening in the World of Equity Compensation?
The CEPI wants to make sure you knew about all the exciting events this month in the world of equity compensation. There are many great opportunities to learn more in this constantly changing industry and to earn Continuing Education hours. For more information, please visit the CEPI website at http://www.scu.edu/business/cepi.
Stay current by participating in some of these activities which have been pre-approved for CE for CEPs.
Continuing education is an integral part of certification programs. Every CEP designee is required to complete 30 hours of continuing education every two years after receiving the designation. For example, if you received your CEP designation in 2013, your first continuing education application is due 12/31/2016. If you are unsure of your next due date, please check the MyCEP System or contact the Institute at email@example.com or (408) 554-2187.
- June 6, 2017 – NCEO Webinar, 9:30AM PDT, Equity Compensation for LLCs
- June 6, 2017 – SOS Webcast, 11:00AM PDT, HR, Payroll or Stock: Questions to Ask When Considering Outsourcing
- June 7, 2017 – GEO Webcast, 9:00AM PDT, The White Glove Treatment: Making Stock Plans Benefits Accessible to Global Participants
- June 28, 2017 – Certent Webinar, 11:00AM PDT, XBRL 101
- June 28, 2017 – Certent Webinar, 11:00AM PDT, 4 Tactics to Improve Stock Plan Effectiveness
- June 29, 2017 – GEO Webcast, 9:00AM PDT, Regulation Rally: T+2 and You, EU Prospectus Regulations & Negotiating with Regulators
- July 18, 2017 – GEO Webcast, 9:00AM PDT, Global Equity Update
- July 18, 2017 – NCEO Webinar, 9:30AM PDT, The Decision-Maker’s Guide to Equity Compensation
Silicon Valley Events:
- June 22, 2017 – San Francisco Chapter NASPP Lunch and Two Sessions, Session I: Some Like it Hot: Emerging Tax Topics, Session II: Out of the Frying Pan, into The Fire: Emerging Accounting Topics, San Francisco, CA
- June 8, 2017 – Philadelphia Chapter NASPP Half Day Event, Villanova, PA
- June 15, 2017 – GEO Northern California Annual Forum, San Carlos, CA
- June 12-14, 2017 – Equilar Summit, Chicago, IL
- June 29, 2017 – DC/VA/MD Chapter NASPP, Equity Tax Withholding Compliance and the Impact of BEPS on Global Mobility, McLean, VA
- July 14, 2017 – The 9th Annual New England and NASPP Regional Conference, 2017 Regional Conference: A Day Full of Sessions on Equity Compensation and Executive Compensation, Smithfield, RI
- July 19, 2017 – Las Angeles Chapter NASPP Luncheon, Say-on-Pay Voting Patterns, Executive Compensation Disclosure Trends and Regulatory Updates, Las Angeles, CA
- July 31-Aug 1, 2017 – The 2nd Annual CEP East Coast Symposium with Event Partner Rutgers’ School of Management and Labor Relations, New Brunswick, NJ
Other Area Events:
Planning ahead? Mark your calendar with these important dates:
- Sept 12, 2017 – Philadelphia Chapter NASPP, Executive Compensation Challenges for 2016/2017, Philadelphia, PA
- Sept 13-15, 2017 – GEO’s National Equity Compensation Forum, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
- Sept 14, 2017 – Houston Chapter NASPP, Hot Topics Roundtable, TBD
- Sept 28, 2017 – Las Angeles Chapter NASPP, T+2 Equity Settlements and Escheatment Best Practices with American Stock Transfer, TBD
- Oct 11, 2017 – Houston Chapter NASPP, October 2017 Houston NASPP Luncheon, TBD
- Oct 17-20, 2017 – 25th Annual NASPP Conference & Exhibition, Washington, D.C.
- Nov 14, 2017 – Philadelphia Chapter NASPP, Ten Factors Companies Should Spend More Time on Before Implementing a Long-Term Incentive Plan, TBD
- Dec 5, 2017 – Houston Chapter NASPP, December 2017 Houston NASPP Meeting, TBD
- myStockOptions.com - CE for CEPs who complete the following courses and corresponding exams in the Learning Center:
- Advanced Course on Restricted Stock, RSUs, and Performance Shares (5 hours)
- Advanced Course on Employee Stock Purchase Plans (5 hours)
- Advanced Course on Nonqualified Stock Options (5 hours)
- Advanced Course on SEC Law and Insider Trading (5 hours)
- Advanced Course on Incentive Stock Options (5 hours)
- Course on Financial Planning with Stock Compensation (5 hours)
- For information, please contact myStockOptions.com at http://www.mystockoptions.com/ or firstname.lastname@example.org
The following organizations have recorded webcasts or online webinars that may be viewed for continuing education. Please visit their websites for current offerings and cost. Some activities may be for members only.
- GEO - http://www.globalequity.org/geo/home#
- Equity Compensation Webinars
- NASPP - http://www.naspp.com/home/
- Examples of webinars that qualify as continuing education: Stock Plan Fundamentals, Annual Conference - Session Presentations
- NCEO - http://www.nceo.org/. Please note that ESOP focused activities will not count toward CE for CEPs
- Example of webinars that qualify as continuing education: Navigating the 409A Deferred Compensation Plan Rules
- SOS- http://www.sos-team.com/screens/SOS-Knowledgebase/Equity-Compensation-Webcasts.aspx
- CE for CEPs who complete the following courses and pass the exam in the Learning Center on the site.
- CEP members get full premium member access to the all the content and tools on myStockOptions.com along with the CE courses.