Update as of May 18:
Testing has officially begun! Although the registration deadline is not until June 11, all candidates who have already registered can test between today, May 18th, and July 18th. All candidates will be sent a security agreement via email@example.com, from Kinsey Mitchell. Please make sure to sign that agreement, regardless of whether you've registered for the in-person, or remote proctored exam.
As well, please note that scores will be released in Mid-August, regardless of when candidates sit for the exam. This is because all scores need to be collected before the scaled scoring is determined. if you have any further questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Update as of May 11:
All current registrants for the CEP Summer Exam should have received registration information for a remote-exam with ProctorU. Even if you are already registered for an in-person exam, you will be able to take a remote exam instead, should you wish to. More information regarding the exam requirements was sent to all candidates via email. If you are registered for the Summer CEPI exam and did not receive any emails regarding Remote Testing, please reach out to email@example.com.
Update as of May 4:
The CEPI is now offering Remote Proctoring for their exams - which allows candidates to sit for the exam from the convenience of their home. This exam will be administered through ProctorU, a separate organization from Pearson VUE, which hosts the in person exam. Both begin with a P, so please make sure you pay close attention to which company is emailing you. All candidates will receive an email this week (April 4th - 8th) with information on how to register for the at-home exam. Those who have already registered for the in-person exam are still welcome to change their registration to an at-home exam. Instructions on how to do so will be provided in the email message.
The exam window has been extended to July 18th, to allow for a two month window in which all candidates can test. Both in-person test takers and remote (at home) test takers will have this entire two month (May 18th - July 18th) window to choose an exam date and time.
Update as of April 13:
At this point, all registered candidates should have received emails from Pearson VUE asking them to schedule a date and time to test. Because all testing centers have been impacted by COVID-19, candidates may not find an ideal testing date at their closest centers. Because of that, we ask that candidates extended their search to other centers within driving distance, in order to find a date/time that may be more convenient to them. If a candidate cannot find any location/date/time that they can schedule, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Update as of April 7:
The registration deadline for the June CEP/ECA exam has been extended to June 1 to allow for an extended registration window. candidates can now register for the exam (which will be held from May 18th - June 30th) anytime between now and June 1.
Update as of April 6:
In order to accommodate updated shelter in place concerns stemming from COVID-19, we have extended the exam window from May 18–23rd to June 30th. Now, when you receive an email from pearson vue asking you to select a date, time, and location, you will be able to select an exam sitting anytime between May 18th and June 30th. We hope that this extended exam window will not only ease the stress and anxiety surrounding the exam but also provide more study time and convenience to the test-takers. Additionally, the CEPI Institute understands that this unprecedented situation can result in financial instability. In response, we have set up a special program for those who are unemployed or underemployed during this time of crisis. If you have lost income and are a first-time test-taker, you are eligible to sit for the exam at an initial cost of $150 with the remainder of the fee deferred to the end of the year. We expect the job market to be very difficult for the coming months, so if an ECA or CEP designation can get a job seeker's resume past the recruiters and into the hands of hiring managers, we want to help however we can. Eligible candidates should contact the CEP Institute at email@example.com for details.
What measures is Pearson Vue taking to ensure safe testing conditions?
Pearson VUE continues to implement the following:
- Making hand sanitizer available in the waiting area and prior to entering the testing room
- Increasing cleaning and disinfecting regimens in between all testing appointments
- Providing tissues to candidates upon arrival at the test center
- Permitting candidates to wear a mask or disposable gloves if they choose
- Reminding candidates to wash their hands or utilize hand sanitizer upon arrival at the test center
- You will be asked to acknowledge that you have not been in contact with any affected persons or traveled to affected areas and that you are not exhibiting any symptoms.
- If you are exhibiting flu-like symptoms such as fever and/or respiratory difficulties when you arrive at the test center, you may be asked to reschedule your exam for a later date.
- Please cover your nose and mouth in case of sneezing or coughing.
- Candidates are allowed to wear disposable gloves while testing. Test administrators will inspect the gloves both before and after the exam, and the gloves will be disposed of in front of the proctor upon completion of the test.
- If you are unwell or exhibiting symptoms, such as fever and/or respiratory difficulties, please reschedule your testing appointment in advance.
- Some regional test centers may require candidates to provide a temperature check upon arrival.
I've already registered. When will I receive an email from Pearson Vue?
I find myself unemployed or underemployed during this time of crisis. Should I still sit for the exam?
Yes, in fact, we encourage you to sit for the exam if you are able, and we offer a special deferred pricing plan for those who may qualify. An ECA or CEP designation may become very useful in securing new employment. Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.