CIE Business Plan Pitch Competition
The annual Donald L. Lucas Business Plan Pitch Competition allows student teams to pitch their business plans for their chance to win the $5,000 Clausen Family grand prize, an additional Cancer CAREpoint specialty prize, and a runner-up prize. Sponsored by the Mary Anderson Harrison Foundation.
|Application Goes Live:||4/3/2017|
|Application Info Session:||4/11/2017 | 4pm | Lucas 126|
|Competition:||5/19/2017 | 6-9pm|
Whether you need funding for your business or realistic feedback on your business idea, now is the time to present in front of expert judges. Compete for your chance to win the $5,000 Clausen Family Grand Prize for the best business pitch from a Santa Clara University team (see eligibility below), the $1,500 Cancer CAREpoint prize, or the $1,000 runner-up prize. Teams are invited to compete by completing an application form online.
Presentations may be up to 10 minutes, with a 5 minute Q&A.
The deadline to apply to compete is midnight on April 21, 2017. Decisions on which teams have been selected to compete will be announced May 5. Please be advised that given the nature and time constraints of a pitch competition, not all who apply will be selected to compete.
Spectators are most welcome! Add this to your calendar to come and cheer on your friends, enjoy some complimentary refreshments and see who will take home the grand prize.
Rules & Regulations:
- Teams must be 2-5 active members. Despite what you've read about being an entrepreneur, one person does not equal a team.
- All teams must include at least one currently-enrolled SCU student. Alumni are welcome; however, each team must have at least one current SCU student in good standing.
- Proposed business should be fundable.
- Proposed business plan/pitch should not be in violation of any IP rights.
Criteria for scoring:
- Quality of the product(s), service(s), and/or solution(s)
- Market opportunities and competition
- Team qualifications
- Is the business fundable?
- Overall attractiveness of the venture
- Quality of the pitch/presentation
- Cancer CAREpoint Award scoring criteria
- $5,000 Clausen Family Grand Prize
- $1,500 Cancer CAREpoint Award
- $1,000 Runner-up Award
All competing teams will receive a recap of all judge scores and feedback to help you further refine your pitch.