"Leading Executive Education in a Changing World"
The 2019 UNICON Team Development Conference will explore the changing market dynamics that we are up against, and the critical role of organizational health, team clarity, and leadership at all levels in our organizations, as a way to counter these dynamic market forces. You’ll learn about how having a constant learning approach to leadership - no matter your function or level - can help to drive your organization forward.
Our world-renowned speakers, and workshop facilitators from thought leaders from across our own UNICON member schools, will come together to provide a rich learning experience for conference participants. This conference is designed to inspire and encourage you, no matter your role in your organization. It will allow you to engage with your peers in applied learning environment, built specifically for executive education professionals. Register for the conference today!
As a participant, you’ll have some fun exploring the stunning beauty of northern California, and learning about the history of the Silicon Valley and how it continues to shape the world. I'm hopeful that you and your teammates will leave this year’s Team Development Conference inspired and refreshed. You won’t want to miss it!
- 1 – 5:45 p.m. Board Meeting
- 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Leadership Academy
- 4 – 8p.m. Hotel and Conference Check-In for Attendees
Day 1, Wednesday
- 6 – 9:15 a.m. Breakfast on Your Own
- 7 – 8:30 a.m. Morning Yoga and Meditation with Colleagues (optional)
- 7 – 9:15 a.m. Conference Check-In for Attendees
- 10 – 11 a.m. New Comers Reception and Campus Tours (optional)
- 11 – 11:45 a.m. The Jesuit Catholic history of California, SCU, and the Silicon Valley Executive Center
- 12 – 1 p.m. Opening Networking Lunch
Learning Focus: Team Development
- 1:15 – 2:30 p.m. Patrick Lencioni “Building Healthy Teams and Organizations”
- 2:50 – 4 p.m. Team Workshops
- 6:15 – 8:15 p.m. Opening Reception at Mountain Winery
Day 2, Thursday
- 6 – 8:15AM Breakfast on Your Own
- 6 – 7:30AM: Morning Yoga and Meditation with Colleagues (optional)
Learning Focus: Automation and The Future of Work
- 9 – 9:45AM: What We Know About Our Industry: Benchmarking Survey Session
- 9:45 – 10:45AM: Nancy Hauge "Automation and the Future of Work"
- 11AM – 12PM: Functional Workshops
- 12:15 – 1PM: Networking Lunch
Learning Focus: Individual Leadership
- 1:15 – 2:30PM: Jim Kouzes “Learning Leadership: A Lifetime of Growth and Mastery”
- 2:50 – 3:50PM: Functional Workshops
- 5 – 6PM: A Conversation About the Future of Our Industry
- 6 – 7PM Computer History Museum Self-Guided Tour
- 7:15 – 8:30PM: Reception and UNICON Awards
Day 3, Friday
- 6 – 8:15 a.m. Breakfast on Your Own
- 6 – 7:30 a.m. Morning Workout with Colleagues (optional)
- 6:30 – 8:15 a.m. Check-Out of Hotel
- 9 – 10:30 a.m. Key Learnings, Commitments and Action Planning for the Future
- 10:30 – 11 a.m. UNICON Announcements and Closing Remarks
Join us at Santa Clara University for the 2019 UNICON Team Development Conference!
November 20-22, 2019
Registration - $895 per registrant
Here's everything you need to know about the UNICON 2019 Team Development Conference at Santa Clara University
- Registration - $895 per registrant
- Schools can register only two people until October 15th. Beginning at 8AM on October 16th, schools may register additional participants.
- A functional track must be selected at the time of registration. Some workshops are designed around functional roles.
- Participants may register one extra guest to join the Mountain Winery Opening Reception for an additional $95. The guest's name must be provided and fee must be paid at the time of registration.
- A morning workout will be offered each day of the conference. Please let us know if you will be joining us at the time of registration so that we can plan accordingly.
- Cancellations made before November 1st will receive a full refund. Cancellations made beginning November 1st will receive a 90% refund up until the start of the conference.
- Breakfast is not included in the conference fee
- Conference hotel: San Jose Marriott
- The hotel block is reserved for three nights (November 19-21). Leadership Academy participants and UNICON board members will have an extended block. The SCU group rate is $299 per night.
- In order to take advantage of the special UNICON TDC room rate, hotel reservations by attendees must be received on or before Monday, October 28, 2019
- Participants who wish to come before or stay after the conference must secure their own housing for any extra nights
- International attendees must reach out email@example.com for a visa letter if their visa requires it
- Business casual is the appropriate attire. Layers are recommended in doors for varying temperatures.
- WARNING: Participation in this year's TDC requires a positive attitude and an openness to having fun, networking, learning, and a lot of smiling!