Become a part of our MBA program and gain access to our first-rate faculty and alumni.
Take the necessary steps so you won’t miss the opportunity to be a part of this exciting program. Applications for a fall start are now open.
Let us answer your questions.
Here are a few of the most asked questions about our graduate business programs, and you may find the information you're looking for here.
If we haven't answered your question, please call us (408-554-4539) or send us a quick email at email@example.com.
What is the application deadline for the MBA program?
We admit students to the Evening MBA in two quarters, Fall and Spring with the following application deadlines:
April 1 for Scholarship Consideration
June 1 Final Deadline
Is GMAT/GRE required before I apply to the program?
The GMAT or GRE is a required component for our graduate business applications. However, waivers are available for qualified applicants. The GMAT/GRE must be taken prior to the deadline for which you are applying and we do not allow for conditional acceptance while applicants prepare for the exam.
What can you tell me about the GMAT and the GRE and is one weighed more heavily than the other?
Scores from either test are valid for five (5) years. Applicants are welcome to take either exam more than once; we will only consider the highest score.
Am I required to come to campus for an interview?
Interviews are required, and you will be contacted regarding scheduling once your application is complete. Non-local candidates have the option of a virtual interview if he or she is unable to come to campus in person.
I have little work experience. Am I eligible to apply to Santa Clara's MBA programs?
We prefer applicants have at least three years of work experience, however applications are evaluated holistically. Applicants with less than three years of work experience would be advised to present strong academics and test scores. All interested students with a Bachelor's Degree are eligible to apply.
Do you offer conditional acceptance?
We do not offer conditional acceptance under any circumstances.
What is a completed application and do I need to have all my documents together before sending them to Santa Clara University?
A completed application includes:
- Online application form complete with resume and essay question responses. Please visit the online application web page here »
- Online application fee of $100 paid by credit card
- Official GMAT or GRE exam results *
Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores should be sent directly from the ETS office to Santa Clara University (GRE Reference Institution Code: 4851; GMAT Reference Institution Code: BV3-WB51).
*waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Official Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL) / International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test score is required, if your first language is not English. (TOEFL Reference Institution Code: 4851, Department Code: 02)
- Scanned official transcripts from each college / university-level institution attended, including extension programs, and the WES ICAP (World Education Services International Credential Advantage Package) is required in place of official transcripts for international institutions.
- Two confidential letters of recommendation from faculty, managers, or supervisors who are familiar with your work. Downloadable forms provided in the online application.
An application will not go into final review with the Admissions Committee until all admissions materials are received. You are welcome to drop materials off at our office in Lucas Hall, Suite 116, or mail them to the Graduate Business Admissions office. Official transcripts can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or postal mailed to:
Graduate Business Admissions
Leavey School of Business
Lucas Hall Suite 116
Santa Clara University
500 El Camino Real
Santa Clara, CA 95053
* We can use your unofficial GMAT or GRE scores and unofficial/in-progress transcripts for admissions purposes, however official documents are required should you decide to enroll in our program.
Where are the classes held?
Most of our Graduate Business classes are held in Lucas Hall, home of the Leavey School of Business on the Santa Clara University campus; some classes may be held in other buildings on campus.
What does an Evening MBA Class Profile look and where they mostly work?
Women : 42%
Average age : 31
Student body born outside the U.S. : 26%
Average undergraduate GPA 3.4
% holding an additional graduate degree 30%
Average GMAT 610
Average GRE 313
Average work experience at program entry : 8 years
% employed at time of admission : 90%
Employers at time of admission : Adobe, Amazon, Apple, Cisco, Facebook, GAP, Google, Kaiser Permanente, LinkedIn, Salesforce
Where SCU Works
What do I need to know about the Evening MBA?
- Exciting new part-time program
- Evening classes
- Program starts in Fall and Spring
- Minimum 2 years to complete 70 units
- Open to US citizens, permanent residents, international candidates
Data after MBA
- 60% reported an increase in income.
- 60% reported an improvement (increase in title) in current company
- 65% of eligible students received more than one internship offer
- 80% were employed or started their own business at graduation
How much does the Evening MBA program cost? Can I expect financial aid?
- $1,108/unit (2018-19 tuition)
- 70 units to complete degree (approximately $77,560)
- For details on payment options and schedules, visit the Bursar's website here »
Federal and Private Loans
The University Financial Aid Office can help in locating and applying for these types of aid. You may visit the staff in Patricia A. and Stephen C. Schott Admission and Enrollment Services Building; call (408) 551-1000, or email email@example.com.
All applicants to the MBA and MS programs are considered for scholarships, which are merit based. Awards are based on professional accomplishments and outstanding scholarship as demonstrated in collegiate transcripts, GMAT or GRE score and recent coursework. The Graduate Business Office does not award need-based scholarships.
What are the prerequisites for the Evening MBA program at Santa Clara University?
Before you apply
- You must hold an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or an equivalent four-year baccalaureate degree approved by your home country's Ministry of Education
- You must satisfy any pre-program competencies for your degree program (none for the MBA program)
- You must have three or more years of work experience
What happens after submitting the online application for the Evening MBA program?
After Submitting the Online Application
Once a completed application is submitted, qualified applicants will receive an invitation to schedule an on-campus admission interview. Applicants from outside the immediate area will be given the option of a video interview.
Applicants are admitted on the basis of academic ability as indicated by college records and GMAT/GRE, demonstrated career vision, personal and professional recommendations, and motivations to complete a demanding academic program.
Admissions decisions are made within two to three (2-3) weeks after the final admissions interview.
A $500 non-refundable tuition deposit is required to secure a position in the MBA program.