Before you apply
- You must hold an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or an equivalent four-year baccalaureate degree approved by your home country's Ministry of Education.
- You must be a citizen of the U.S., a permanent resident, or hold an H1 or H4 visa. (Because of the mandatory international travel component of the Executive MBA curriculum, students requiring an F1 visa are not permitted to enroll in the program.)
Your application will not go into final review with the Admissions Committee until all admissions materials are received (see the checklist). You are welcome to drop materials off at our office in Lucas Hall, Suite 116, or mail them to the Graduate Business Admissions office.
Here is a checklist for your Executive MBA application
- Complete your online application form
Include your resume and essay question responses
Visit the online application web page here »
Online application fee paid by credit card ($100 for domestic applicants;$150 for international applicants)
- Submit your official GMAT or GRE exam results.
Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores should be sent directly from the ETS office to Santa Clara University (GMAT code BV3-WB51;GRE code 7238).
- Submit your official Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL) / International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test score if your first language is not English.
- Submit two (2) official transcripts from each college / university-level institution attended, including extension programs, and the NACES Evaluation for international institutions attended.
- Submit two (2) completed confidential Letters of Recommendation from faculty, managers, or supervisors who are familiar with your work. Downloadable forms provided in the online application.
Questions about any of these items? See our FAQs page »
After Submitting the Online Application
Once you've submitted a completed application, you will receive confirmation from our Admissions Team. Upon receiving all application materials, a member of the Admissions Team will reach out to schedule your final on-campus interview. Applicants from outside the immediate area will be given the option of a phone / Skype interview.
Applicants are admitted on the basis of academic ability as indicated by college records and GMAT/GRE, demonstrated career vision for management, personal and professional recommendations, and motivations to complete a demanding academic program.
Your Executive MBA application is reviewed only after it is complete and submitted within the published deadlines:
Round One : April 1
Round Two / Final Application Deadline : June 1
An Admissions interview will be conducted before a final offer of acceptance is made. Admissions decisions are made within two to three (2-3) weeks after the final admissions interview.
A $750 non-refundable tuition deposit is required to secure a position in the Executive MBA program within four weeks of acceptance to the program
Graduate Business Mailing Address
Graduate Business Admissions
Leavey School of Business
Lucas Hall Suite 116
Santa Clara University
500 El Camino Real
Santa Clara, CA 95053
Reference Institution code: 7238
Reference Institution code: BV3-WB51
Reference Institution code: 4851, Department code: 02
Please have your GMAT/GRE and TOEFL/IELTS scores sent directly from the test center to the Graduate Business Admissions Committee.