Professor, Information Systems & Analytics
Dr. Andy Tsay is professor of Information Systems & Analytics (ISA) in the Leavey School of Business at Santa Clara University, where he teaches primarily in the MBA and EMBA programs for working professionals. He served as Department Chair from 2010-2017.
He earned his Ph.D. at Stanford University's Graduate School of Business. He also holds degrees from Stanford in Engineering (MS) and Mathematical & Computational Sciences (BS).
Dr. Tsay has expertise in business analytics and quantitative modeling. He studies the management of design, manufacturing, and procurement in heavily outsourced supply chains (e.g., electronics, apparel, food). His work helps manufacturers better engage with suppliers and distribution channel partners.
He has more than 35 professional publications in leading academic journals such as Management Science, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, Production & Operations Management, Interfaces, Journal of Retailing, and Journal of Supply Chain Management, and practitioner periodicals such as Supply Chain Management Review and International Commerce Review. He serves in senior leadership positions for several of these journals (see bottom of this page). In 2014 his book Designing and Controlling the Outsourced Supply Chain was published by NOW Publishers. Download a free PDF of this book and Dr. Tsay's other publications here.
His publications have been cited more than 5500 times (according to Google Scholar). His 2008 paper in Journal of Supply Chain Management (with Roth, Pullman, and Gray) received a 2012 Emerald Management Reviews Citation of Excellence, awarded to only 50 articles worldwide across all business specialties.
He has consulted for large firms as well as startups in Silicon Valley and China. He has been interviewed extensively in the global media. He has lectured to academic and industry audiences throughout North America, Europe, and Asia.
In 2007 the Production & Operations Management Society (POMS) recognized Dr. Tsay with the Wickham Skinner Award for Teaching Innovation. POMS is the premier international professional society for the study and practice of Operations Management, with more than 2,000 members in 60 countries. One such award is given each year.
He is an eight-time recipient of the Leavey School of Business Dean's Award for Extraordinary Performance in Research, Teaching, and Service. He has won dozens of other school-level awards.
Dr. Tsay currently serves as an "Open Classroom" professor, one of nine (and the only business professor) invited by the Provost’s Office to serve as teaching mentors for the university's entire body of instructors.
Additional current and past professional roles:
- Associate Editor (focus area: Operations and Supply Chain Management), Management Science, journal published by the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
- Senior Editor (focus area: Supply Chain Management), Production & Operations Management, journal published by the Production & Operations Management Society (POMS)
- Associate Editor, Decision Sciences, journal published by the Decision Sciences Institute (DSI)
- Associate Editor, IIE Transactions on Scheduling and Logistics, journal published by the Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE) (In 2016 the organization name changed to the Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers (IISE) and the journal name became IISE Transactions)
- Editorial Review Board, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, journal published by INFORMS
- Senior Research Fellow, Value Chain Innovation Initiative, Stanford University
聖他克拉大學 商科教授 蔡安達
圣他克拉大学 商科教授 蔡安达