Announcements & Reminders
To Spring 2020 Graduates:
- Keep an eye on your SCU email inbox for the arrival of your Career Destination Survey link. The survey will launch May 19th and your feedback is IMPORTANT!
- We want to celebrate you for completing your program! Send us a photo of yourself...in SCU gear or holding up a sign listing your favorite thing about GBP. Email your pic to GBPCareers@scu.edu by May 15th to be featured in the June Newsletter.
To MBA Students:
- MBA Students - Follow the new @SCU_MBA Instagram account!
- Earn a $500 scholarship! Refer colleagues and friends you think would be great MBA candidates. If they apply and join our MBA program, you will both receive a $500 scholarship! Learn more here.
To All Graduate Students:
- We are excited to announce that we are launching the new Online MS Finance and Analytics Program in Fall 2020! See full press release here.
- Please enjoy this message from Toby:
Ciocca Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Do you have a startup or business idea you would like to take to the next level? Are you looking for an opportunity to grow your business? Santa Clara University and Ciocca Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship might have just what you need this summer. Our Bronco Venture Accelerator is recruiting our second cohort of companies to start in July 2020.
Bronco Venture Accelerator Highlights
- Open to all members of the Santa Clara community (students, alumni, faculty, staff)
- No fees or tuition
- Six months of free coaching and hands-on learning
- Leverage the SCU Bronco network for advisors and mentors
- Opportunities for additional capital
Learn more about the program, funding, network, events, and eligibility criteria here
! The application
is live now and is due by May 31, 2020
. Any questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
MBA Alumni Advisory Board Spotlight
Hear from one of our MBA Alumni Advisory Board Member, Gwendoline Tuma, on what her expectations and main goals were to achieve as the chairwoman for the board: "My aspiration is to grow and improve the MBA program to keep it in touch with industry changes and shifts. We earn our MBA so that we can get to the next level role - I want to make sure that the skills you learn and the toolset you gain will make you successful in that career step. I want students to actually refer back to their notes from classes years from now because to me, that means that we put in our best effort to build a highly relevant program that will help our students succeed. I would also like to expand our Bronco network and make it stronger within our MBA program. There are so many people we are connected to and do not even know about it. Making sure that current students do not lose touch with each other, but will also build connections with future classes is a priority for our board as well."
Career Coach Spotlight
Here's a Tip from our Career Coach, Geri Markey about making impactful impressions:
1) Always say, “Hi, [insertyour name]! How are you?” Acknowledging someone will make the person feel important, good about themselves, and valued. And, the person will feel more comfortable to work and speak with you.
2) Always say, “Thank you”. It shows appreciation which improves morale and boosts positive social engagements. In the future, one will more likely be helpful in the future.
3) You don’t know unless you ask and you won’t know unless you try. This is important when looking for new job opportunities, transitioning into a new field or industry, and asking for a promotion or a raise.
“People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
Calendar of Events
"Experiences at a Startup” Alumni Panel
4:30 pm - 5:30 pm I Zoom
Join a panel of GBP Alumni that have their own experiences with Silicon Valley's startup culture.
Slalom Company Info Session
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm I Zoom
Come learn about the company culture and current job openings.
"Ace Your Interview” Mock Interview Sessions 1
11:30 AM - 1:30 PM I Zoom
Practice behavioral interview questions with GBP Coaches. Each 30-minute session will provide 20 minutes of mock interview practice, with 10 additional minutes focused on areas of improvement. Space is limited.
"Ace Your Interview” Mock Interview Sessions 2
3:30 pm - 5:30 pm I Zoom
“MarTech: Voices of the Silicon Valley”
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm I Zoom
Hear from LSB Alumni from Apple, Google, Facebook, and LinkedIn about what it takes to have a successful marketing career in the Silicon Valley.
Unicorn Venture Capital Club: Fireside Chat with Plug & Play
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm I Zoom
Learn about venture capital through the eyes of investors at Plug & Play from Investors, Kristi Choi and Fan Wen.
“Healthcare and Biotech” Alumni Panel
4:30 am - 5:30 pm I Zoom
Join us for an GBP Alumni panel where guest speakers with in-depth experience and expertise will share their career journeys at some of the leading Health / BioTech companies in the world.
“Your First 90 Days on the Job” Skills Workshop
4:30 pm - 5:30 pm I Zoom
Starting a new internship or job? Join us for a workshop on onboarding tips and strategies for starting strong in your new role.
April 7th, Careers in Sales & Demand Generation Alumni Panel: Hear from our Alumni on how they felt that their degree from SCU has helped them with their career.
Priya Subramanian, MBA Alumni “It was incredibly valuable. It was not just the degree, it’s also the opportunities that come along when you graduate from a business school like Santa Clara University. I started my position at Nvidia as an intern which was an opportunity that came along from what the Graduate Business Career Management team posted in the LinkedIn group. Students should also leverage Career Fairs, networking opportunities with alumni and the LinkedIn group - Santa Clara University Graduate Business Career Management. These are incredible assets.”
Rohit Bhasin, Executive MBA Alumni “Apart from the skills you learn and the classes you take, build the network up. You will build an incredible network of people in Santa Clara. Nurture those relationships, leverage them, meet up with those people as often as you can. Broncos have a fantastic alumni network.”
April 22nd, "The Many Faces of Cloud Computing”
Special thanks to members of the Multi-Cloud Leadership Alliance, Sandhya Gorman, Leah R. McLean, Charu Madan, and Felipe Conill for speaking at our virtual industry panel.
Get Involved in Student Life
Let's Get Social! Join the Conversation.
Santa Clara University
Graduate Business Programs
500 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA 95053
email@example.com | 408-554-5485