Leavey Graduate Ambassadors
- To share your experience as a student in the Leavey School of Business in a positive and constructive way.
- To represent the Leavey School as an Ambassador at various events (recruitment, networking, alumni)
- To assist in recruiting the highest caliber candidates for the Leavey School of Business
- Establish a network of students who are willing to serve as Ambassadors to promote the Graduate Business Programs
- Strengthen School/Program pride and elevate the program in the eyes of Silicon Valley and the Alumni network.
Benefits for student volunteers:
- Participation creates an opportunity for students to expand their network and deepen relationship with SCU
- Enhance public speaking/communication and time management skills
- Resume builder - Active leadership/volunteer role
- Gain a deeper understanding of the curriculum
- Increase visibility with employers and Silicon Valley contacts
Info Session Panelist
Time commitment: 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm (best to participate on a non-class night)
Panelists will share their experiences in their degree Program with prospective students. For example, for MBAs, remarks should include but are not limited to—reasons for choosing the program, the cohort experience, 4 unit vs. 2 unit classes, the MGMT 3000 experience, work life balance, engagement activities, career services, leadership opportunities.
Class Visit Ambassadors
Time commitment: 10-15 minutes prior to class until class is over.
Volunteers will greet prospective students and take them to class on a given evening during the quarter. Visits are scheduled for class meetings that do not have scheduled tests/exams.
Time commitment: approximately 2-3 hours depending on the location and time of the event
Volunteers will attend Graduate School or Career fairs with the Leavey School Admissions team to staff a table or assist with a presentation.
Time commitment: 15-60 minutes depending on number of contacts and how in depth the conversations are.
Volunteers will assist with welcome/congratulations calls or emails, contacting students regarding student experience questions, etc. Training and resource documents will be provided.
All hands on deck! This event is a larger scale Info Session with additional activities. Volunteers are needed to serve on panels, assist with check in, answer questions and serve as hosts to the 50+ prospective students who are attending. The event includes the Admissions Q & A, mock classes, Career overview, student panels, admissions interviews and networking opportunity with current students/ambassadors.
Volunteers will assist the Career team with Employer visits (on or off site) and the Career Fair. Duties include interaction with Employers and Alumni, assisting with Career events.
Get Involved in Graduate Student Life
Contact email@example.com with any questions.