MS in Business Analytics Curriculum
You'll be able to enter the workplace with a deep knowledge of both the theory and practice of business analytics as our curriculum provides you with the skills and knowledge to:
- Understand business challenges and priorities, and learn to address such challenges using the appropriate data and suitable econometric analytical tools.
- Identify the data needed to evaluate potential opportunities to leverage analytically driven decision making to increase the value of the firm.
- Understand the challenge of privacy protection of customers, and the balance between privacy protection and personalization of business offerings
- Learn foundational techniques and tools required for business analytics and data science, covering mathematics, statistics, software.
- Select and apply appropriate analytical techniques, models, and frameworks to business decisions; and be able to summarize and analyze quantitative information using statistics and data visualization
- Write clear, well-documented, and effective memoranda and reports; prepare and deliver professional-quality presentations; work effectively on a project in a team
To complete the program, you must complete at least 45 units, spread over 10 required classes as well as a minimum of two electives. †
Business Analytics Courses
Courses in the MS Business Analytics degree are arrayed in four clusters: Business Foundations, Statistics and Optimization, Business Analytics, and Technology. The 10 required courses are marked with *.
|Business Foundations||ECON 2400||Microeconomics for Business Decisions with Econometric Applications|
|MKTG 2700||Principles of Marketing|
|FNCE 2700||Principles of Finance|
|Statistics and Optimization||FNCE 2400
||Math for Finance & Analytics|
|Econometrics for Business Analytics with R|
|MKTG 3597||Marketing Analytics I|
|FNCE 3490||Data Science and Machine Learning with R|
|ECON 3422 / MKTG 3558||The Analytics of Optimal Pricing and New Product Decisions|
|FNCE 3806||Analytics in Finance|
|ECON 3436||Business and Economic Forecasting (time series)|
|Business Analytics Practicum/Captsone|
|Technology||IDIS 3802||Data Analytics with Python|
|OMIS 3366||Database Management Systems|
|MSIS 2627||Big Data Modeling and Analysis|
|MSIS 2629||Dashboards, Scoreboards, and Visualization|
†Note: Courses are subject to change and availability in a given quarter is not guaranteed.