MS in Business Analytics Curriculum
You'll be able to enter the workplace with a deep knowledge of both the theory and practice of business analytics as our curriculum provides you with the skills and knowledge to:
- Understand business challenges and priorities, and learn to address such challenges using the appropriate data and suitable econometric analytical tools.
- Identify the data needed to evaluate potential opportunities to leverage analytically driven decision making to increase the value of the firm.
- Understand the challenge of privacy protection of customers, and the balance between privacy protection and personalization of business offerings
- Learn foundational techniques and tools required for business analytics and data science, covering mathematics, statistics, software.
- Select and apply appropriate analytical techniques, models, and frameworks to business decisions; and be able to summarize and analyze quantitative information using statistics and data visualization
- Write clear, well-documented, and effective memoranda and reports; prepare and deliver professional-quality presentations; work effectively on a project in a team
To complete the program, you must complete at least 48 units, spread over 36 units of required (core) units as well as a minimum of 12 units of elective credits. †
Business Analytics Core Topics
Courses in the MS Business Analytics degree are arrayed in four clusters: Business Foundations, Statistics and Optimization, Business Analytics, and Technology.
Business Foundations Topics - all required:
Principles of Marketing
Principles of Finance
Microeconomics for Business Decision with Econometric Applications
Statistics and Optimization - required:
Math for Finance & Analytics
Business Analytics - all required:
Business Analytics Practicum/Capstone
Technology - all required:
Data Analytics (with Python)
Database Management Systems - Fundamentals
Business Analytics Elective Topics
Analytics of Optimal Pricing & New Product Decisions
Analytics of Finance
Marketing Analytics II
Database Management Systems - Design, Development & Administration
Automated Software Build & Release Systems
Big Data Modeling & Analytics
Mobile Payment & Blockchain
Social Network Analytics
†Note: Courses are subject to change and availability in a given quarter is not guaranteed.