Before you apply:
You must hold an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or an equivalent four-year bachelor's degree as determined by WES.org.
Important note for applicants with foreign degrees:
If you have a degree from a foreign institution, you are required to submit the WES course-by-course evaluation. Due to an increased incidence of fraudulent documents, we have decided to only accept documents from WES.org and no other NACES organization. Because of this increase in fraud, degrees from India and China may endure a longer processing time with WES. Plan early. Processing may take up to 12 weeks for an evaluation.
You must satisfy any pre-program competencies for the following MS Programs:
- MS Business Analytics: 2 courses of college-level calculus and 1 course of college-level statistics
- MS Financial Analytics: 2 courses of college-level calculus and 1 course of college-level statistics
- MS Information Systems: 1 course of college-level statistics and 1 course of college-level programming language
Applicants are eligible to apply without the prerequisite(s), but must fulfill the prerequisite(s) prior to enrolling.
Courses from Coursera, Straighterline, Udacity, edX, or the like, are not accepted. Prerequisites must be taken at an accredited university. Applicants may take the prerequisites through a University of California Extension, though a comparable university or community college is accepted, if accredited.
Documents needed to complete the application:
- Submit an online application form and $100 application fee paid by credit card
- Business Essays:
- Essay 1: What excites you most about your intended field of study?
- Essay 2: What do you see yourself doing professionally upon graduation and how will a degree from Santa Clara help you achieve these aspirations?
- Essay 3: Discuss any attributes, experiences, or interests that would enable you to make a distinctive contribution to the school and/or business profession.
- Academic Records and Transcripts:
- International Transcripts (study outside the U.S.) If you received a conferred degree (undergraduate or graduate) from a school outside the U.S., you are required to submit the course-by-course WES ICAP evaluation. Prepare for this process at least 3 months in advance as this is a lengthy process. Request the WES report be delivered electronically to the Leavey School of Business.
- U.S. Transcripts (study in the U.S.)
Scan the official transcript from each institution from which you studied in the United States, including community colleges, summer sessions, and extension programs.
- Official GMAT or GRE exam results:
- GMAT – School code BV3-WB51
- GRE- School code 4851
- Official TOEFL exam results: School code 4851
- If your first language is not English, submit your official TOEFL (preferred) or IELTS test score. TOEFL is waived if the Verbal section of the GMAT or GRE is above the 50% mark.
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation: Letters of recommendation from persons qualified to evaluate your academic and professional qualifications are required. You should solicit recommendations from individuals who are familiar with your academic or professional achievement and who can address your potential for success in this particular academic setting. The process is managed through the online application. Paper recommendations are not accepted.
- Recommenders are asked to elaborate on the following qualities:
- Intellectual characteristics
- Knowledge of field of study
- Ability to communicate
- Diligence and self-discipline
- Personal effectiveness
- Potential for graduate study
- Quantitative aptitude & problem solving skills
Prepare a document file in PDF format for each item that will be uploaded to the online application (resume, essays, transcripts/WES, test score reports, etc.). Applicants will be instructed within the online application when each document needs to be uploaded.
Do not mail official transcripts to our office, unless requested.
Questions about any of these items? See our FAQs page »
Applicants are admitted on the basis of academic ability as indicated by college records and GMAT/GRE, demonstrated career vision in the field of business analytics, personal and professional recommendations, and motivations to complete a demanding academic program.
Your MS application is reviewed only after it is complete and submitted within the published deadlines:
- Fall 2019 - April 1, 2019 (with scholarship consideration), May 1, 2019 – Final deadline (no scholarship)
A $750 non-refundable tuition deposit is required to secure a position in the MS in Information Systems program.
A $1000 non-refundable deposit is required to secure a position in the MS in Business Analytics, and MS in Financial Analytics.
Graduate Business Mailing Address
Graduate Business Admissions
Leavey School of Business
Lucas Hall Suite 109
Santa Clara University
500 El Camino Real
Santa Clara, CA 95053
Reference Institution code: 7238
Reference Institution code: BV3-WB51
Reference Institution code: 4851, Department code: 02
Please have your GMAT/GRE and TOEFL/IELTS scores sent directly from the test center to the Graduate Business Admissions Committee.