Our Masters in Business Analytics program is designed deliberately for you to tackle the burgeoning data and succeed as a Data Scientist.
Meet with us, visit a class, check our updated and relevant curriculum—as you consider the Masters in Business Analytics program that connects best to Silicon Valley. You will find all answers to all of your questions related to the Masters in Business Analytics program in this section.
Let us answer your questions.
Take a few more steps toward earning your MS in Business Analytics at Santa Clara University. Have questions? Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 408-554-4539.
What are the required documents for applying to MSBA Program?
Documents needed to complete the application:
- Submit an online application form and $100 application fee paid by credit card
- Business Essays:
- Essay 1: What excites you most about your intended field of study?
- Essay 2: What do you see yourself doing professionally upon graduation and how will a degree from Santa Clara help you achieve these aspirations?
- Essay 3: Discuss any attributes, experiences, or interests that would enable you to make a distinctive contribution to the school and/or business profession.
- Academic Records and Transcripts:
- International Transcripts (study outside the U.S.) If you received a conferred degree (undergraduate or graduate) from a school outside the U.S., you are required to submit the course-by-course WES ICAP evaluation. Prepare for this process at least two months in advance as this is a lengthy process. Request the WES report be delivered electronically to the Leavey School of Business.
- U.S. Transcripts (study electronically the U.S.)
Scan the official transcript from each institution from which you studied in the United States, including community colleges, summer sessions, and extension programs.
- Official GMAT or GRE exam results:
- GMAT – School code BV3-WB51
- GRE- School code 4851
- Official TOEFL exam results: School code 4851
- If your first language is not English, submit your official TOEFL (preferred) or IELTS test score. TOEFL is waived if the Verbal section of the GMAT or GRE is above the 50% mark.
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation: Letters of recommendation from persons qualified to evaluate your academic and professional qualifications are required. You should solicit recommendations from individuals who are familiar with your academic or professional achievement and who can address your potential for success in this particular academic setting. The process is managed through the online application. Paper recommendations are not accepted.
- Recommenders are asked to elaborate on the following qualities:
- Intellectual characteristics
- Knowledge of field of study
- Ability to communicate
- Diligence and self-discipline
- Personal effectiveness
- Potential for graduate study
- Quantitative aptitude & problem solving skills
Prepare a document file in PDF format for each item that will be uploaded to the online application (resume, essays, transcripts/WES, test score reports, etc.). Applicants will be instructed within the online application when each document needs to be uploaded.
Do not mail official transcripts to our office, unless requested.
A $750 non-refundable deposit is required to secure a position in the MS in Business Analytics
What is the deadline for MSBA Program application?
Students are admitted to the MSBA program for the FALL quarter only. Application opens online on October 15, 2018.
April 1- Scholarship Consideration for both international & domestic students
May 1 - Final Deadline without scholarship consideration
Are there any prerequisites prior to entering a MSBA program?
You must hold an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or an equivalent four-year bachelor's degree as determined by WES.org and with the following prerequisites:
- 2 courses of college-level calculus; Effective 3/1/18 (if admitted, prereqs in calculus must be completed by July 1, 2018)
- 1 course of college-level statistics
Applicants are eligible to apply without the prerequisite(s), but must fulfill the prerequisite(s) by the end of the first quarter of enrollment. Because of the rigors of the programs, it is recommended that applicants take the prerequisite(s) prior to enrolling.
Courses from Coursera, Udacity, edX, or the like, are not accepted. Prerequisites must be taken at an accredited university. Applicants may take the prerequisites through a University of California Extension, though a comparable university or community college is accepted, if accredited.
Do you offer GMAT, GRE or TOEFL test waivers?
A waiver may be considered for candidates with a high level of skill necessary for academic success. Contact our MS Admissions Office for an application for the GMAT/GRE waiver.
Candidates must have 4 or more years of full-time work experience and one or more of the following:
- A bachelor's degree from accredited school with a cumulative GPA above a 3.48 (STEM majors), or 3.5 (Non STEM majors)
- A master's doctorate, or professional degree (JD,MD) with a cumulative GPA above a 3.3 from an accredited university, or professional certification, e.g. CPA, CFA. Note: Certificate programs do not count.
- Conferred degree that is quantitative in nature, e.g. math, engineering, or hard sciences (undergraduate or graduate)
- Have five or more years of military enlistment
No GMAT/GRE waiver is automatic and an approved waiver does not guarantee admission to the program. If you have any questions about our waiver policy contact our MS Admissions Office.
**A waiver may be considered for MS in Finance, MS in Information Systems and MS in Supply Chain candidates. The MSBA Program does not offer GMAT or GRE waivers. All applicants are required to take either the GMAT or GRE regardless of the number of years of work experience.
Which one do you prefer, GMAT or GRE?
Are there minimum test scores for the GMAT, GRE, or TOEFL? How long are the test scores valid?
We do not have minimum test scores and your application evaluation is based a comprehensive review. The average GMAT score for MSBA program is 668. The average GRE score is 315. The average TOEFL score is 101.
Scores from either test are valid for five (5) years. Applicants are welcome to take either exam more than once; we will only consider the highest score.
What school code should I use to send my official test scores?
- GMAT School Code: BV3-WB-59
- GRE School Code: 4851
- TOEFL School Code: 4851
Do you require work experience?
Our MSBA program does not require full-time work experience. However, work experience is preferred and most MSBA students have had between 1-3 years of work experience prior to enrolling. College seniors and recent college graduates are eligible to apply.
May I submit my application if I have not yet taken the GMAT, GRE, and/or TOEFL?
Yes, you may submit, however it is preferable that self-reported GMAT, GRE, and/or TOEFL scores are submitted with the application. We recommend that applicants take the test at least 4 weeks before the posted deadline. Delays in taking and/or reporting the test scores will postpone the completion of your application, and ultimately a decision. All scores must be verified.
What types of financial aid are available, and who is eligible to apply?
All MSBA students are eligible for merit-based scholarship after enrollment. These scholarships are awarded to the top academically performing students in the programs based on performance. You cannot apply for these scholarships.
In addition, the university offers federal and private loans. Domestic students (US citizens and permanent residents) are eligible both federal and private loans, while international students are only eligible for private loans with or without a creditworthy US cosigner.
Do I need to mail official transcripts from each college or university attended?
For the application process, NO. If you are admitted, we will require that you mail your official transcripts to our office. Note that any discrepancy between the uploaded transcript and the official transcript could result in the denial of your application or withdrawal of your offer of admission.
However, you are required to submit a scanned transcript file for each school you attended – and the additional WES evaluation (if you’ve attended an international school). These will be uploaded to complete your application (only file types accepted are: pdf, doc, or .docx). You will be instructed in the online application when each document needs to be uploaded.
Do I need to have my foreign transcript evaluated? What if it’s already in English?
Yes. Applicants with degrees from international institutions are required to have their official transcripts evaluated by WES.org. This is required for all international degrees, even if the transcript is printed in English. We require course-by-course, cumulative GPA, and U.S. degree equivalency ICAPS evaluation (electronic delivery). No exceptions are made.
When can I expect a decision on my completed application?
For Winter and Spring - Applications will be reviewed upon completion and decisions rendered electronically within 2 weeks.
For Fall applications submitted by the April 1st deadline will have decisions rendered electronically by the end of day, Friday, April 20, 2018 (PST). Applications completed by the May 1st deadline will be reviewed as completed and decisions rendered electronically within 2 weeks of completed submission.
Interviews may be required for applicants.
What does an MSBA class profile look and where they mostly work?
Average Age: 28
Average GPA: 3.48
Average GMAT: 668
Average GRE: 315
Average Months Employed: 30
Number of Countries of Origin: 9
Enrollment Plan: 85% Full-time
Where SCU Alumns Work
How much does an MSBA cost and what type of scholarships and financial aids are available?
$1,175 / unit (2018-19 tuition)
45 units minimum to complete degree
For details on payment options and schedules, visit the Bursar's website here »
Federal and Private Loans
The University Financial Aid Office can help in locating and applying for these types of aid. You may visit the staff in Patricia A. and Stephen C. Schott Admission and Enrollment Services Building; call (408) 551-1000, or email email@example.com.
All applicants to an MS program are considered for a scholarship if they submit their completed application by April 1st, 2018. Awards are based on professional accomplishments and outstanding scholarship as demonstrated in collegiate transcripts, GMAT or GRE score and recent coursework. The Graduate Business Office does not award need-based scholarships.