Skip to main content

Sophomore Academic Advising

Welcome to your sophomore year. Sophomores will need to declare their major and pathways by the end of their sophomore year. Consider this decision a process - weighing interest, gathering information, and talking to people on your “major” decision. 

Exploring Your Interest:  

  1. Find information on each of the majors in the Leavey School of Business here. You can learn about specific requirements, see the catalog of courses, and get to know faculty and staff. 
  2. Use the Career Center’s website sophomore checklist to gain clarity on your interest and strengths.
  3. Attend the LSB student organization event

Sophomore Academic Advising Team: 

  1. Sophomore Peer Advisor. They are specially trained to help sophomores with course planning as well as answer any questions regarding academic regulations, policies, procedures, or answer questions about how they chose their major.  You can request a meeting by emailing  
  2. Faculty advisors are a great resource of information and can serve as mentors for you in the field of interest as it pertains to graduate school, research, and career development. You can find the name of your faculty advisor on your main eCampus page.
    1. When you declare a major - you will be assigned a new faculty advisor within your major academic department. They can also assist you with curricular planning. 
  3. Drahmann Center is a team of university academic advisors in the Drahmann Center located in Kenna Hall 101. If you are considering adding a second major or a minor and want to see how that will impact your graduation plan, a university advisor would be a good person to meet with to discuss your options. These advisors are trained in the Core curriculum, university regulations, and are familiar with the requirements for the different majors and minors SCU offers. You can schedule an appointment to meet with a Drahmann advisor online.

To Declare Your Major: 

Log into eCampus, go to Academics, then to Declare Major. ECON students must complete the Program Petition form

Pathway Resources:

Learn about the pathways available and their courses here. You can also access the guidelines and timeline of the Pathways requirement here.