Skip to main content
Leavey School of Business Santa Clara University

2023-24 Leavey Scholars Profiles

• Matthew Nguyen

Class of 2024
    Hometown: San Diego, California
    Finance Major, MIS Minors

In a few words describe what you like about the Leavey Scholars Program.
    My favorite aspect of the Leavey Scholars Program is the collaborative environment it fosters among a group of highly motivated students. Being a part of this program has enabled me to create meaningful relationships and participate in engaging class discussions with my peers.

• Annabelle North

Class of 2024
    Hometown: Redwood City, California
    Accounting Major, Real Estate Minor

Did Leavey Scholars classes help with your internship/interviews in any way?
    The Leavey Scholar Program has helped me with my internship as all of Leavey Scholars classes I've taken so far have incorporated a lot of group work and projects. My internship required working with a team and communicating effectively in a team environment which was very familiar to me because of these classes.

• Sofia Zamora Trigueros

Class of 2024
    Management Major, Dance Minor

What has been your favorite Leavey Scholars class and why?
    My favorite Leavey Scholars class was MGMT160S: Management of Organizations with Professor Jazaeri. Professor Jazaeri's captivating teaching style and the incredibly positive atmosphere made the course great. Also, my perspective towards group projects shifted as each person in the class was genuinely committed to success, which made collaborating with one another an effortless and rewarding experience.

• Marie Jordaan

Class of 2024
    Hometown: Englewood, Colorado
    Accounting Major, Religious Studies Minor

In a few words describe what you like about the Leavey Scholars Program.
    The Leavey Scholars Program has encouraged me to challenge myself in new ways and establish new relationships with like-minded peers. I’ve made some of my closest friends because the program is so intimate.

• Dylan Bear

Class of 2024
    Hometown: Yarrow Point, Washington
    Finance and Psychology Major, Economics Minor

My favorite Leavey Scholars course so far has been BUSN179S: Communication in Business because I got to apply those effective communications in my internship this summer and found some of the strategies very helpful in navigating a corporate workplace.

• Jacob Mejia

Class of 2024
    Hometown: Hercules, California
    Finance Major

Yes! Leavey Scholars classes helped me develop a sense for my personal strengths which enabled me to speak to these strengths during interviews.

• Ella Blazei

Class of 2024
    Hometown: Kentfield, California
    Finance Major, Business Analytics Minor

MGMT 160S with Professor Hooria has been my favorite class. Not only was the Professor extremely engaging with each one of her students but the classroom was filled with riveting and intellectual conversations daily. She also taught us the crucial skill of negotiation and the importance of it in one's early-career.

• Rachel Lambros

Class of 2024
    Hometown: Seattle, Washington
    Marketing Major, Business Analytics Minor

Leavey Scholars classes helped me network with peers, practice public speaking, and refine my communication and writing skills.