Skip to main content

2019-20 Leavey Scholars Profiles

• Leavey Scholars Profiles 2019-20

Laura Blevins

Class of 2020
    Hometown: Fair Oaks, California
    Marketing Major, Retail Studies Minor

I love being surrounded by motivated and like-minded individuals who push me to do my very best.  My favorite class has been BUSN 179S with Sean O’Keefe. I learned so many practical skills that will help me with my career and have already helped me in my internship.  Being able to talk about what Leavey Scholars is in interviews has given me such an edge up and I can tell that employers are impressed when I explain the program to them.

Katherine Seely

Class of 2020
    Hometown: Mercer Island, Washington
    Finance Major, Dance Minor

I appreciate the Leavey Scholars Program for how it gives me the opportunity to take classes with similarly driven and engaged students. The business school is full of group projects and I love that I can always count on my Leavey Scholar group members to pull their weight!  
  • Image links to full content

Patrick Wade

Class of 2020
    Hometown:  Arroyo Grande, California
    Finance & Economics (BS) Majors

I enjoy being able to engage and work with some of the most motivated and passionate students and faculty within the Leavey Business School.  Leavey Scholars classes provided me with a greater depth of experience working in a collaborative environment, a topic that has come up in every single interview I have had since coming to SCU.

Kristen Berling

Class of 2020
    Hometown: Fremont, California
    Management Information Systems Major, Music Minor

My favorite Leavey Scholars class was MGMT 160S with Professor Gordon. She had so many interesting anecdotes from her previous roles that really supplemented the course material. Hearing her real-world experiences made the lectures more applicable and easy to understand, and she is an incredibly kind person as well.

Charles Douille

Class of 2020
    Hometown:  Westlake Village, California
    Finance & Political Science Majors, Sustainability Minor

I appreciate the opportunity to have more advanced and in depth discussions about the course material. Being surrounded by highly motivated peers and top professors, it is easy to succeed.  The program certainly helped me discover the most effective ways to approach interviews and secure positions of interest!

Kyla Inouye

Class of 2020
    Hometown: Kaneohe, Hawaii
    Accounting Major, Economics Minor

The Leavey Scholars program offered an enriching learning experience that allowed me to work with hard-working peers and knowledgeable professors.  The Leavey Scholars classes taught me about various areas of a business, which made it much easier for me to understand the inner workings of a firm for my accounting internship.

Anderson Meger

Class of 2020
    Hometown: Fort Collins, Colorado
    Economics (BSC) Major

My favorite part of the Leavey Scholars Program is being in classes with smart, driven students. This is a difference maker when completing group projects or engaging in class discussion.  The additional business acumen that I picked up in my Leavey Scholars helped me understand operational processes and procedures quickly after beginning my internship.

Ijeoma Anyanwu

Class of 2020
    Hometown: Hayward, California
    Marketing & Communication Majors

My favorite Leavey Scholars class so far has been BUSN 179S. That class probably had the heaviest workload of many of my business classes so far, but I enjoyed working with my group on our consulting project and was proud of the finished product. I learned many relevant skills for interviewing and felt like I gained more confidence as a business professional.

Tanner Suard

Class of 2020
    Hometown: Hermosa Beach, California
    Finance & Economics (BS) Majors

I really enjoyed the hands on aspect of the classes I took where I had the privilege of working directly with real businesses and applying skills I learned in class. The teachers helped challenge us and really cared about our success in the class.  Leavey Scholars in general is a good talking point at interviews when describing the classes I've taken and the programs I'm involved in.

Ashley Ricks

Class of 2020
    Hometown: Morgan Hills, California
    Marketing Mjaor, Business Analytics Minor

I am so grateful for the opportunities in the Leavey Scholars Program to take classes with driven, interested, and engaged peers.  I enjoyed MGMT60S because the relaxed nature of the class gave me room to explore the material I found to be particularly interesting.