2018-19 Leavey Scholars Profiles

• Image links to full content

Chad Brown

Class of 2019
    Hometown: Sacramento, California
    Finance Major, Political Science Minor

The Leavey Scholars Program offers an opportunity to connect with other highly motivated business students.  Business 179S with Sean O'Keefe has been my favorite class because of the practical and useful tips that I learned in the class along with the awesome Silicon Valley connections I made as a result of the class.  During my internship interviews, interviewers always asked about the Leavey Scholars Program and were always impressed when I described the program.

Madeline Sheridan

Class of 2019
    Hometown: Lake Forest, Illinois 
    Accounting Major

Being part of the Leavey Scholars Program serves as a really easy talking point in interviews that allows me to point out some academic strengths in a natural conversation rather than a typical resume list.

Evan Chen

Class of 2019
    Hometown:  Portland, Oregon
    Accounting & Information Systems Major
    Sustainability Minor

The Leavey Scholars Program has given me the opportunity to challenge myself in classes and learn course material to a greater extent. In addition, I really enjoy the small class sizes and have gotten to network with the brightest minds in the Leavey School of Business. My favorite Leavey Scholars class was OMIS 108S with Tao Li because Professor Li is so nice and makes the class interesting. 

Veronica Lu

Class of 2019
    Hometown: Maple Glen, Pennsylvania
    Accounting & Information Systems Major

The Leavey Scholars Program (LSP) has allowed me to work with and learn from students of a very specific and high performing caliber that has challenged me and opened my mind to new perspectives.  My favorite Leavey Scholars class is Operations Management with Tao Li; he is an inspiring and passionate teacher who picks his students’ brains while teaching valuable work and life lessons.  The LSP put me in an environment in which I was forced to think critically, act professionally, and compliment the working styles of those around me.

Katherine Wickstrom

Class of 2019
    Hometown:  Whitinsville, Massachusetts
    Accounting Major

What I like about the Leavey Scholars Program is the smaller class sizes and the fact that everyone in the program is willing to work hard and be engaged during the class. This is especially critical when working in groups.  My favorite Leavey Scholars class so far has been my MGMT 160S class because I loved the group that I worked with on the quarter-long project. The overall class content was also really interesting and all my fellow classmates were engaged and attentive.

Mark So

Class of 2019
    Hometown: Bellevue, Washington
    Finance Major, Music and Communication Minors

I like that I am constantly challenged by my peers in the Leavey Scholar classes to perform at a high level.  So far my favorite Leavey Scholars class has been OMIS 108S with Tao Li; because the subject was refreshing, and Professor Li was an incredibly engaging, yet hilarious teacher.

Kaitlyn Gahrmann

Class of 2019
    Hometown: Hillsborough, New Jersey
    Marketing Major, Communication and Retail Studies Minors

My favorite part of the Leavey Scholars Program is taking classes with students of the same drive & excellence. I really enjoyed MKTG 181S; it was lots of fun, and I enjoyed being in class with like-minded people and having an opportunity to flourish.

Daniel Roberts

Class of 2019
    Hometown: Shingle Springs, California
    Finance and Economics (BS) Majors

The fast pace of the Leavey Scholars classes allows me to learn more than I traditionally do in my other business school classes.  My favorite Leavey Scholars class was FNCE 121S; I enjoyed the fast pace of the class.