Skip to main content
Leavey School of Business Santa Clara University

2019-20

2020 LSB Orientation Peer Advisor Profile - Fernanda Gaete

LSB Orientation Peer Advisor Profile - Fernanda Gaete
Peer Advisors 2019-20

About Fernanda:  A junior from Portland, Oregon. She is a Finance major considering adding on a minor in Business Analytics. Aside from being an LSB Peer Advisor, she is a member of the ACE Leadership Program and is actively involved in Women in Business and Young Life on campus. Fernanda enjoys practicing yoga, running, and photography in her free time. She is so excited to meet and work with the incoming class of 2024. Go Broncos!

Involvement Recommendation:  One of my favorite groups during my first-year at SCU was CHAARG, a club for women at SCU focused on health and fitness as well as building a strong social network of friends. I recommend it to any incoming women as I have met some of my best friends through it!

Favorite Class:  By far my favorite class I have taken at SCU was actually one of the first ones I ever took: Ethics in Business, MGMT 6. Learning about business through a lens of environmental and corporate social responsibility completely changed the way I see the world around me, and it is the reason why I will be working with the Markkula Center for Applied Ethics on diversity and inclusion projects this upcoming school year!

Advice for First-Years:  Be confident in your ability to achieve your goals, and even do things beyond them! SCU is constantly rooting for you and is going to provide you with all the tools to fuel your success, but you have to believe in yourself too!