Skip to main content
Leavey School of Business Santa Clara University

2019-20

2020 LSB Orientation Peer Advisor Profile - Megan Hsia

LSB Orientation Peer Advisor Profile - Megan Hsia
Peer Advisors 2019-20

About Megan:  A senior business student from Palo Alto, California. She is a Marketing major and has a minor in Business Analytics. In her free time, she loves to be outdoors with her friends and dogs, as well as listening to music. She also enjoys bonding over different types of food and music. She is very excited to welcome the class of 2024, and helping them ease their transitions to college!

Involvement Recommendation:  I recommend going to the involvement fairs as first-year students to explore the different groups and clubs we have on campus! Be sure to join their mailing lists to inform yourself about different events that you can go to. However, I also recommend going to networking events where you can network with SCU Alumni and recruiters from different companies. SAC (Student Alumni Council) hosts multiple events each quarter to give students opportunities to network and learn from SCU Alumni and recruiters working in different tech companies!  

Favorite Class:  Though I’ve taken many insightful classes in SCU, my favorite class would be Business Communications, BUSN 179! This class has helped me gain a lot of confidence in public speaking and my writing. I also became more comfortable with my business writing, presentation, networking skills, and have learned how to build my personal brand!

Advice for First-Years:  My advice is to take on challenges and different opportunities while in SCU! SCU is a campus with many resources and supportive communities that will help you along your Bronco journey. Don’t be afraid, this will all be a learning experience!