Career Services for new Grads and Alumni
A Career Coach is available for your on-going career management needs.
This service is free for the first year after graduation. A $50 an hour fee is charged thereafter. The fee may be waived for those returning from Year-of-Service and in other special circumstances.
Some of the topics you may wish to explore:
- Self-assessment to help you evaluate new career directions.
- Common assessments include the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) © and the Strong Interest Inventory ©.
- Strategies for navigating the job search and career transition process.
- Creating a powerful and focused resume.
- Interviewing preparation and salary negotiation support.
How to schedule: You must have a Handshake account to schedule an appointment. Sign up for a free handshake account. Once your account is set up, follow these steps:
- Click the button below. You should be automatically directed to the Appointments page when you login. If you are not, select “Appointments” in the left navigation menu.
- Follow the prompts to indicate your status, select the type of appointment you need, and select an appointment time.
- If you’re unable to find a time that works with your schedule, please call (408) 554-4421 for assistance.
Did you know about the other resources available to Alumni?
Career Center Events
Alumni are welcome to join the many Career Center events including career fairs and panel events that take place on campus every quarter.
Job Prep Toolkit
Alumni have access to career preparation content including help with resumes, cover letters, LinkedIn profiles, networking, and salary information.
Platform for Connecting with Broncos
Switchboard is a new online platform that allows alumni to engage with the SCU community including students, alumni, faculty, and staff.
Outside of the Bay Area? You may be able to access a local university’s career services through Reciprocity. The SCU Career Center offers reciprocity for the long distance job and internship search with the career centers of colleges and universities similar in size and scope. To inquire about another private University’s Career Center shared services, please call our front desk at (408) 554-4421.