This page offers resources for your ministry, including campus resources to assist alumni with a professional portfolio and the job search, as well as a list of professional networks in the field of ministry. Click on the gray bar to open the resource you need.
GPPM Alumni Network
We would love to stay in touch with you've finished coursework with us! Please use our online form to keep us up to date on life events, work updates, current contact information, and anything else you'd like to share. It would be very helpful if you would attach a small picture of yourself when you email us your form. We will even take care of alerting the Alumni Office of any changes to your name and contact information.
SCU Alumni Association
The Santa Clara Alumni Association offers services and events for undergraduate and graduate students. Among the many services they provide, they would love your notes for the Santa Clara Magazine.
You can register for their online alumni directory for exclusive access to:
- Searchable Alumni Directory - The place to go to find fellow Broncos by class year, major, location, industry, company name, or a variety of other attributes.
- Personal Profile - Make sure to keep your information current to ensure you receive the latest University and Alumni Association news, event invitations, and GPPM newsletters (be sure you keep us directly updated too, using our form above - redundancy means you won't get lost!).
- Manage Your Email Preferences - Specify which e-communications you would like to receive from Santa Clara.
- Event Calendar - A complete list of upcoming Alumni Association and chapter events.
- Alumni Email for Life Account - Share your Bronco pride with an @alumni.scu.edu branded Gmail account. Please email any questions regarding an alumni email account to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Search & Professional Portfolio
The Career Center on SCU's campus supports graduate students at the University as well as undergrads. The Job Prep ToolKit on their website provides advice about designing resumes, networking, using LinkedIn, writing cover letters, interviewing, and negotiating salaries and job offers.
Handshake is the career platform that Santa Clara uses to push out word of jobs that the University is notified of. It is integrated into your campus email account, which means that you already have an account and just need to sign on to take advantage of it. From the Handshake Login page, click on "Santa Clara University Sign On" and use your SCU Network username and password to login. Alumni who did not register for an account as students can contact the Career Center to request an account as well (1-408-554-4421).
Portfolium is an online portal that employers can use to browse academic and ministry projects that you have written or designed. With its ability to embed graphics, video and slide presentations, Portfolium goes beyond the traditional resume to showcase your skills. You automatically get a lifetime Portfolium account as a student at Santa Clara. When you login to SCU's single sign-on portal, you'll see the Portfolium tile in the tile array below GMail and Camino. There is no automatic integration with your classes; you have complete control over what projects from your classes or your work that you choose to feature.