Students must complete the following requirements for a minor in Medieval and Renaissance studies:
- Seven of the applicable courses listed below must be selected from three different departments.
- A maximum of 3 lower-division courses.
- One of the upper-division courses must require an interdisciplinary research paper based on source materials and secondary works dealing with a topic rooted in medieval and/or Renaissance periods.
- The research paper requirement may be fulfilled by enrolling in MRST 199 under the supervision of an affiliated faculty member and the program director.
- The study of French, German, Greek, Italian, Latin, and/or Spanish is strongly recommended but not required.
- Students should consult with the Program Director and/or a member of the Program Committee to determine the cluster of courses best suited for their personal interests and preparation.