In addition to completing the University Core Curriculum and College of Arts and Sciences requirements for the Bachelor of Science degree, Public Health Science majors must complete the departmental requirements outlined below:
Outline of Public Health Science Major Curriculum
- Public Health Science: PHSC 1, 2, 100, 139, 150, 190
Public Health Elective: Choose one from approved list
- Natural Science for Students Entering Prior to Fall 2017: BIOL 21, 22, 24, 25 OR BIOL 1A, 1B, 1C and one additional upper division Biology course taken from list of Biomedical Electives approved for major (see requirements' checklist); CHEM 11, 12, 13; CHEM 31, 32
- Natural Science for Students Entering Fall 2017 and Later: BIOL 1A, 1B, 1C, CHEM 11, 12, 13; CHEM 31, 32
- Upper-Division Biomedical Electives for all PHSC majors: Choose two from approved list, at least one must have a lab
- Social Science: Lower-Division Social Science Electives: Choose two from list
Upper-Division Social Science Electives: Choose two from approved list
- Mathematics: MATH 11, 12
- Statistics: Choose one from MATH 8, ANTH 112, BIOL 160, COMM 110, ENVS110, OMIS 40, POLI 100, PSYC 40, SOCI 120.
**Recommended Pre-Health Courses: PHYS 11, 12, 13 or PHYS 31, 32 , 33 and CHEM 33
For additional information about the public health sciences major, please see the Public Health Science Major Requirements.