Bronco Entrepreneurs Advisory Clinic Hours (BEACH)
BEACH is currently accepting clients
Looking for free legal or business help?
Bronco Entrepreneurs Advisory Clinic Hours (known as BEACH) provides an interdisciplinary SCU-wide advisory service for startups of all kinds. The program is crafted as an experiential program that has business and law students working together with alumni mentors and attorneys to help startups or other small companies while furthering their own education and experience.
BEACH is an opportunity for SCU students to work in cross-functional teams while gaining a real-world hands-on experience counseling entrepreneurs.
The mission of BEACH is three-fold:
1) Provide SCU students (including business and law) with opportunities for client interaction and exposure to real-world entrepreneurs
2) Provide meaningful connections between students and their mentors
3) Serve a population of entrepreneurs and small business owners that otherwise lack access to affordable competent business advising and legal counsel.
- Teams are formed in both business and law fields
- Business school students are paired with SCU alumni business advisors and law school students are paired with current attorneys
- Depending on each client's need, teams may join together to form one unit of both business and law
- Each team sees 3-4 clients per month
- Clients are asked to submit information about their business and legal issue in advance, enabling teams to prepare
- Teams will complete an informational interview, research the solution to the problem the entrepreneur is facing, and present their findings in a scheduled advising session
Many entrepreneurs and small business owners say they could have saved considerable time, expense, and headache if only they had consulted an attorney or business advisor earlier rather than later. BEACH offers services to entrepreneurs including the following:
- Operations/Supply Chain Management
- Product Development
- Founders' Agreements
- Entity Choice (Sole Proprietorship, LLC, Corporation, etc.)
- Employment Matters
- Equity Compensation
- Restricted Stock & Shareholders’ Agreements
- Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Intellectual Property Protection (Trademarks, Copyrights, Patents, etc.)
- Privacy Policies
- Commercial Lease Agreements
- Customer and Vendor Contracts