SCU Undergraduate Commencement
June 17, 2023 at 8:30 a.m.
Stevens Stadium, Santa Clara University Campus
The following email was sent to all eligible undergraduates on Monday, June 12, 2023.
Class of 2023 Undergraduate Commencement Information
Dear Class of 2023 Graduates and Guests,
We look forward to celebrating the accomplishments of Santa Clara University’s Class of 2023 at the Undergraduate Commencement ceremony at 8:30 a.m. on Saturday, June 17.
This email contains important information for both graduates and guests regarding Commencement Weekend.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
Friday, June 16, 4:00 p.m., Stevens Stadium
Friday, June 16, 5:30 - 8:30 p.m., Bellomy Field
Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony
Saturday, June 17, 8:30 a.m., Stevens Stadium
Saturday, June 17, 11:30 a.m., St. Ignatius/Daly Science Lawns
Parking on the SCU Campus during Commencement Weekend is complimentary for graduates and their guests. However, both standard parking and ADA parking will be severely impacted due to the large crowds expected, so please arrive early to Commencement events!
The designated ADA parking is located on the first floor of the Main Parking Structure. Guests must have a valid ADA placard to park in this designated ADA parking area.
We strongly recommend using rideshare (Uber/Lyft) or carpooling to campus, if possible. To access the rideshare and ADA drop off area, please enter the University through the main entrance at 500 El Camino Real and stay to the right towards Charney Hall.
Please see the SCU Commencement Weekend Parking Map for reference.
The approved parking lots for guests on Commencement weekend are:
- Main Campus Parking Structure - 500 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA 95053 (ADA parking on the first floor)
- North Campus Parking Garage - 1063 Alviso Street, Santa Clara, CA 95053
- Guadalupe Hall - 455 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA 95053
- Loyola Hall - 425 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA 95053
Graduates and their families are invited to join us for the Annual Commencement Liturgy on Friday, June 16 at 4:00 p.m. at Stevens Stadium. All are welcome to attend as this is a non-ticketed event! Please let us know of your intention to join us at the Commencement Liturgy by registering here. A livestream of the Commencement Liturgy can be viewed on the Commencement Website.
The Alumni Association will host a celebration at Bellomy Field on Friday, June 16 from 5:30 - 8:30 p.m., immediately following the Campus Liturgy. The event will include food, beverages, music, lawn games, and photo ops. Please note that this is a ticketed event.
A few reminders from the Alumni Association for those attending Grad Bash on Friday, June 16:
- Gates open at 5:30 p.m.
- Please have your tickets ready to scan (printed or mobile device)
- If you have any ticket issues, the Info Booth in the Cowell Center parking lot will open at 4:30 p.m.
- Please visit the Grad Bash website for more information on tickets, parking, event layout, route maps, menu, and more.
UNDERGRADUATE COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY
The Undergraduate Commencement ceremony will be held in Stevens Stadium at 8:30 a.m. on Saturday, June 17, 2023. Gates open at 7:15 a.m. and we encourage guests to arrive early as we are expecting large crowds on Commencement morning.
In order to be admitted, guests must present a valid Guest Ticket which can be printed or screenshot on their mobile device. Children ages 2 and under do not require a ticket for entry.
- Guest Tickets each have their own unique QR code and are required for guest entry. Only one scan per ticket will be allowed. Duplicate scans of the same QR code will not be permitted.
- Re-admittance - those who need to leave the stadium once inside will have their hand stamped by an SCU staff member in order to be readmitted into the stadium.
- Guest seating is on a first come, first served basis for both field and bleacher seating.
GradPass for Graduates
In order for graduates to have their name read aloud at the ceremony, graduates must arrive with their GradPass, which can be printed or saved as a screenshot on their mobile device. The GradPass is each graduate’s ticket, which has a unique QR code and is required for entry. We recommend graduates print their GradPass to expedite the scanning process.
Graduate Line Up
Graduates will line up at 7:45 a.m. at the Alameda Mall. University Staff will be stationed there to assist graduates in lining up by proper school and line order. Each graduate’s ‘Line Up’ number is listed on their GradPass to help guide them properly into the Commencement ceremony.
Graduates will have their photo taken by a professional photographer (GradImages) as they cross the stage. These digital proofs will be emailed to graduates after Commencement with the opportunity to purchase their stage crossing photos.
The Commencement program will be available for download and viewing on the Commencement website the week of Commencement. Guests attending the Commencement ceremony will be able to access the digital program via QR code which will be provided to guests upon arrival. Printed programs will be placed on each graduate's seat at the Commencement ceremony. Only graduates that were deemed eligible to participate in Commencement by April 18 will have their names included in the Commencement program.
ADA Tent/Locatelli Cooling Center
For those requiring extra assistance, an ADA tent will be located on the north end of Stevens Stadium (via the Main Entrance) which will offer extended aisles and rows. These seats will be available on a first come, first served basis. It is highly recommended for guests to arrive before gates open at 7:15 a.m.
We are also happy to offer ticketed guests the option of watching Commencement in the Locatelli Cooling Center. This indoor venue will also broadcast the Commencement ceremony via livestream.
As mentioned above, the ADA drop off area can be accessed through the main entrance at 500 El Camino Real. Signage and staff will be on the corner of Palm Drive and Sherman Street near Charney Hall.
Please note that the University does not provide wheelchairs for guests attending Commencement. Should you need to rent a wheelchair, we recommend contacting Bischoff’s Medical & Mobility at (408) 286-6651 or Brannon's Medical at (408) 448-3000.
For those wanting to view the Commencement Ceremony online, a livestream of the Undergraduate Commencement will be hosted on the Commencement website on June 17th.
Flower Sales At Commencement
An SCU approved flower vendor will be selling flowers/leis at four locations across campus on Commencement both before and after the ceremony. All purchases must be made using a credit card/Apple Pay as cash will not be accepted.
Immediately following the Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony on June 17, graduates and their guests are invited to attend a faculty reception for their respective schools. These Faculty Receptions will be held in following locations near the front of the Mission Church:
Arts & Sciences: St. Ignatius Lawn
Engineering & Business: Daly Science Lawn
IMPORTANT COMMENCEMENT DAY REMINDERS
- Arrive early! Gates open at 7:15 a.m. for the 8:30 a.m. Undergraduate Commencement ceremony.
- There will be a Bag Check upon arrival. Attendees may only enter with a bag that adheres to the SCU Clear Bag Policy.
- Attendees are permitted to bring a clear, unopened bottle of water or an empty, reusable water bottle. Water filling stations will be available inside Stevens Stadium.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted and will be confiscated. Please see the list of prohibited items HERE.
- The Commencement ceremony will be livestreamed for all to view and the link will be posted by Wednesday, June 14 on the Commencement website.
- To receive emergency and safety-related messages on your mobile device from SCU Bronco Alert, text “SCUEVENTS" to 226787 (CAMPUS) on the morning of June 17th to subscribe.
- Please visit Prepared SCU for more information about current Covid guidelines.
- The official hashtags to share tributes and memories on social media for the Class of 2023 are #SCU2023 and #SCUGrad.
- Additional and informative FAQs are located on the Commencement website.
We look forward to welcoming Class of 2023 Graduates and their families and friends to the Santa Clara University campus on Commencement Weekend.
The SCU Commencement Team
Shop Officially Licensed Products
Tell your family and friends about your milestone.
Once a Bronco, Always a Bronco
The best part of being a Bronco is the people. Stay connected with the friends you’ve made at Santa Clara as you take the next step in your journey.