Security & Prohibited Items
Santa Clara University is committed to creating and maintaining a safe and enjoyable experience for all those attending our Commencement exercises. Heightened security will require all bags be subject to search. In order to facilitate entry and to avoid additional screening, we respectfully request that attendees bring only small bags and purses. By entering Stevens Stadium - Buck Shaw Field, you consent to such searches and waive any related claims that you might have.
To avoid considerable delay and last minute gate pressure, we encourage guests to plan accordingly knowing that our graduates process into Stevens Stadium - Buck Shaw Field starting at 7:30 p.m. on Friday and starting at 8:30 a.m on Saturday.
Gates open at 7:00 p.m. for the Graduate Commencement. Gates open at 7:15 a.m. for the Undergraduate Commencement. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation in advance.
SCU has adopted a smoke-free and tobacco-free policy on the University campus. Read the full policy here.
- Beach blankets and towels
- Non-professional cameras
- One (1) empty water bottle up to one (1) liter in size
- CamelBak-style hydration systems – must be empty at entry and water bladder must be removed from the pack
- Prescription medicine labeled with a matching ID – prescription medications must be declared at entry gates
- Baby stroller or small wagons if attending with children
- All forms of tobacco, including smokeless tobacco, and electronic smoking devices and other smoking instruments
- Weapons of any kind
- Illegal substances (including narcotics) or drug paraphernalia
- Framed or large backpacks (larger than a 20 x 15 x 13)
- Glass containers
- Outside food or beverages
- Motorized carts or scooters – unless ADA verified
- Large chains or spiked jewelry (spikes longer than 3/4 of an inch will be confiscated)
- Fireworks, sparklers, and/or firecrackers
- Chinese Lanterns
- Chairs of any kind
- Coolers of any size
- Tents or canopies of any kind
- Pets (except service dogs)
- Video equipment
- Professional still camera equipment (no detachable lenses, tripods, large zoom lenses, and/or commercial-use camera assemblies)
- Audio recording equipment
- Flags and/or flagpoles
- Signs and/or posters of any kind